What's new

mounting defi boost??

N

nices15man

haha im sure this has been asked before but i cant find it! how have you guys mounted your defi gauge in the stock pillar mount? the stock one obviously has that bracket but i cant see how to mount it and havin a little trouble fittin it in aswell. its a 60mm which is what a few of yous said to get but its pretty tight!?

N

nices15man

haha nah i found that bro! i mean like how do yous get the gauge to stay in place? and my 60mm is really really tight in the face of the stock pillar

Reaction score
Country
I used silicon sealent on mine (not Defi but 60mm anyway). Just put a few blobs around the outside of the gauge between the gauge itself and the inside of the pod to hold it. Can always cut it out if needed and holds it fine (even when trying to push the gauge face back into the pod).

N

nices15man

cheers man ill give it a shot when i get home in a couple of days.. when i tried before i left i had a bit of trouble getting it even in the face of the stock one. even after i fully removed those plastic bits that stick out.. hmmm

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
then just continue to file/sand it down till it fits snug and dosnt require the plastic bending..

I had a lot of custom work to fit mine, but damm it looks hot now ;)

N

nices15man

yea i might just have to take some off the gauge itself too cause its not too keen on sittin in there by what i remember.. silicon sounds good tho. was trying to get it behind the face too, like same as the stocker sits

N

nices15man

yea if anyone was wonderin i just ended up wrapping the guage in double sided tape and jamming it in the face.. been there for a few months and not moved at all :).. and btw 60 mm gauges DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT fit in the stock pillar mount without alot of modification. i had to die grind out the face of the mount BIG time just to get it to sit flush. but very much well worth the trouble cause it looks so good :) :) :)