What's new

My S15 Spec R

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i'm with you craig, my car would feel faultless if it werent for the box. i hate thier weakness, its the only thing always concerning me.......nothing else though.

the alloy v8 apparently ways a fair bit more, but this isnt the problem as theres power to make up for it, the main and only problem would be the positioning of the engine really, it would have to sit further back, but due to its size more weight would be in front of the front wheels than with the sr ;)

sx-si

Reaction score
so what does it matter you can adjust everything to cope and im sure the power and reliability would outway a slightly sloppyer steering

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Persoanly a PPG box or a OS Gekin gear kit would be the way to go to take the extra torque (though I cant remember the exact level the OS Gekin can take I am sure the PPG can take a high rate)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
But your not saying what your doing so it's of virtually no use to us!!

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
and if I am honest If I am spending around 7-8grand on a rebuild the box it getting up ratted and I am not wasting my time putting the circlip in because it still wont take 450bhp+ with torque the same or higher @ the wheels, if your going to do it do it right :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
looking forward to hearing about this, i know polo does them but i'd rather wait to find out from you when its been done. the gearbox is really annoying me every time i drive it now, if i had a box i knew was strong enough i would be able to just give it death and enjoy it without the panic its going to **** a gear lol. please keep us informed james ;)

sx-si

Reaction score
7-8 grand mmmm i would be soo looking at hks sequential boxes and really posh boxes
have a word with bren and see if you can get a quallife sequental for that

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
7-8 grand mmmm i would be soo looking at hks sequential boxes and really posh boxes
have a word with bren and see if you can get a quallife sequental for that
lol I ment 7-8 to rebuild the engine not spare on a box :wack:
Craig the PAR Engineering gear kits look good though :thumbs: think that could be on the cards if its raited for 600bhp :)

S

Silverstreak

and if I am honest If I am spending around 7-8grand on a rebuild the box it getting up ratted and I am not wasting my time putting the circlip in because it still wont take 450bhp+ with torque the same or higher @ the wheels, if your going to do it do it right :)
All I do know about the thoughts on this prototype box is that the circlip is going to be completely replaced with a sleeved lock ring similar to what you would find in a VQ or RB gearbox, thus completely eradicating the problem of the gears slipping of their shaft and turning into swarf. ;)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
All I do know about the thoughts on this prototype box is that the circlip is going to be completely replaced with a sleeved lock ring similar to what you would find in a VQ or RB gearbox, thus completely eradicating the problem of the gears slipping of their shaft and turning into swarf. ;)
lol if you can get some pics of when your getting it done like stage by stage will be good to follow in the other thread dude :) I plan on having the engine finnished then get the box clutch flywheel sorted then move onto suspension then last styling :)

S

Silverstreak

lol if you can get some pics of when your getting it done like stage by stage will be good to follow in the other thread dude :) I plan on having the engine finnished then get the box clutch flywheel sorted then move onto suspension then last styling :)
Complete photo casebook will be added to the thread, work starting next week. My guy reckons the final box will def be good for 450bhp+ and we will be getting it cryo treated for good measure. My engine for this is being built as we speak, Crower cams, springs, retainers, head work, Corrillo Pistons, rods, Cosworth gaskets, ARP bolts, ALC Bearings, Knife edged crank, Balanced, Exedy Clutch & Flywheel, GT2871r, 740s, Z32 AFM, Tomei, Greedy & HKS bits etc etc... so should be fun :D I have already sorted my suspension and styling, what you planning on doing with yours?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
Plan on a full HKS Head system and 2.2 Stroker kit, Z32, 740s, Mazworkx topmount not decided on what turbo to go for as of yet but will be the size of a small dog :wack: the usual drift styling BGW etc cage 2x Brides then going to have it as a demo car as my mate (in the pics) is tuning up a S14 at the same time aswell :thumbs:

S

Silverstreak

Sweet, I look forward to seeing what you do! Keep an eye on my thread as if all goes to plan, it could be a cost effective viable option to replacing the gearset with megabucks stuff! fingers crossed! lol! :p

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah Dean will always be happy to do a write up and feedback when the RB box conversion has been sorted ;)

Allan - do you not fancy the GT3076R that comes with the Mazworx top mount kit? I was always gonna go for 2871R but now very tempted with this bigger brother alternative. Someone on S15OC recently did a write up on his... looks immense although judging by the graph you have to wait until 4500 before all hell breaks loose lol :D Dunno if he fitted the .63 or 0.82 A/R tho... will have to check his thread again :wack:

Someone who I know does professional MR2 tuning said the last 3076R he fitted to a customer's MR2 made 399 bhp @ 0.9 bar and over 450 bhp @ 1.2 bar *woopass*!!!!!

Reaction score
Website
fctuning.com
GT30s are great units on the SR and there not as LAGGY as people thing.. a graph you may see only tells you so much and it all depends on how they have scaled the graphs also (and you Lupix....should know that ;) )

its the FEEEEEEL of the engine and its response on the road and if your using ya gearbox properly for the turbo type you'l be having so much fun you wont even notice the lag. you'll just adjust your driving/drift style

Was tuning one last night until the early hours (things I do for drifters)

on an RB25 made a comfortable 475 odd hp @ a smidge under 1.4bar