What's new

Nickichi's s15

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Finally picked the car up Saturday ( been waiting like 2 weeks thanks to dvla :mad: ) really happy with it :D. A few little gremlins in the electrics but the dealer can sort that out.

Original pictures of my S15 before any modifications

I'll defiantly be changing the radio in a month or so once i got some money again and then start looking at stage 1 mods

Updated 16.06.2012

Wish List
Yashio LED Cluster
Brakes - TBC
Suspension - TBC Either Nismo or Tein (not sure)
Wheels - TBC
Full alignment parts - TBC

To be Fitted
Japspeed 50mm Alloy Rad (sitting on work bench)
Apex dual fans & shroud
Vacuum lines (sitting on work bench)

Car Setup

2002 S15 Spec R V Package
First Registered Sept 2002 - Japan
Imported, stock condition - 01/02/2010 (tbc) @ Autoterminal UK, Southampton
1st owner since registration 01/03/2010 (69000k tbc)

Interior Equipment
Yashio Factory Gear Knob

Exterior Equipment
NISMO Clear Indicators

Engine & Drive-train
Samco Coolant Hose
Defi Advance CR Water Temp Sensor
Defi Advance CR Boost Sensor
Apexi Power Intake
Japspeed Decat Pipe
HKS Silent Hi Power Exhaust
NISMO S-Tune Oil Filler Cap Ratchet

Suspension & Brakes
Japspeed Front Tension Rods
Tein Front Strut Brace

Electronics
Kenwood KDC-BT8044U Head Unit
Kenwood KFC-S703P Speakers (Front)
Kenwood KFC-S1793 Speakers (Rear)
Defi Advance CR Water Gauge
Defi Advance CR 2 bar Boost Gauge
Defi Advance Controller

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
thx, i was a little worried that the blue wouldnt look as good but i didnt want to miss an opitunity while waiting for a black one to come through.

Gonna have to try hard to keep that engine bay clean and hopefully it will look great when i start swaping in new hoses. Not sure whether to use blue ones or go for something that would stand out more against the blue bodywork

Reaction score
Country
Nice car mate! Engine bay looks like mine did when it arrived but now it has drift dirt all over it lol! You would say that James! :D

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I wanted a black one, but to be honest i much prefer my blue one now :D

Looking very clean there! any plans for it?

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Some pretty boring plans atm but I think your right luPix, its a good base to build up from.

I do like it blue, black would have made it look meaner but i could always respray :whistle:

Gotta keep that Engine bay clean, will make it look so much better once I've changed a few pipes.

Radio needs swapping out.
Odometer needs resetting to show the miles it is now counting on.
Maybe have a look at interior mods. (may try that while i fit the radio, seen a nice CF surround from EP Racing)

Performance mods - i want to wait till near the end of the year for insurance reasons and definitely after I've had my first RR done to it to find out just how powerfully it is already.

unless you guys have any other tips at what to look at from experience.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Good decision mate getting dyno first before you start. You have to be sure car is running right before performance upgrades etc. Also, you can then measure definitively how much gains you get when you have a base bhp + lb ft to measure from the outset :)

Fancy getting 17/18 inch rims?? ;)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
that is a really nice example mate - looks really clean. :)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
OMG

Finally got chance to take my car for a quick run and omg its quick. Had to back off every time just so I didn't smash past 80 on the clock

Well pleased with it :D

J

JapanS15

Great! Another blue S15! I wanted black at first too, but I'm so glad I went with the blue. After seeing a black one in person, the body lines are kind of hidden. I prefer to see them as it gives the car some character. Glad you got an Spec R, I'm still stuck with the Spec S until I do the swap.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Been a while so thought i would update this thread again :D

Had a Silent Hi power exhaust fitted today and a Japspeed Decat and I got to admit im really surprised. Was my first 3" exhaust and I thought it would be a pain to live with even without the decat fitted so I was very surprised how quiet it is with the low rumble during normal driving and a much louder note when you want some fun.

Perfect.

Also got the Boost gauge and control unit package from Defi on order with Nengun and hopefully it will turn up Monday. I think im gonna have to give my card a rest for a while :rotfl: until i see the next big toy to strap onto the car

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
did you notice boost go up by about .1 on the gauge with the exhaust going from factory to what you have just done?

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
I hadn't really notice but I had the stock oem gauge installed until yesterday, finally got around to fixing the defi controller & boost sensor. was playing about with it Saturday night and had the gauge recorded the peak boast at 0.9bar, haven't done the FBU yet and its only got the free flowing intake and upgraded exhaust. think I need to hurry up and get the walbro installed and then take it down for an RR session to see if I got the car back to 250bhp yet

Reaction score
Country
I have currently just done the turbo back exhaust no cat, intake, FMIC, plugs and fuel pump, on 98oct mine is making 300bhp at the fly, im sure you can too, this is all without a remap.

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Fitted the Tein Front Strut Brace today which I got from Allanorr a couple of weeks back, nice fit only took 10mins, was a little worried when I dropped the bonnet that it was gonna have an extra dent installed too lol

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Forgot to do this ages ago and just found it while I was clearing up the 1st thread pics, was done while the car was still in its original stock configuration before I started tinkering with it

I got another one done last year too so will uploaded that later when I find it. I could do with another RR season this year after tweaking the boost control lines

Last year's one that was run in October 2011, its at the wheels instead of the flywheel and although they did convert to flywheel (145bhp) its not come up to well on the scan cause it was faded

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Filmed the 2nd run in October, wasn't happy about the belts but they had already secured it from underneath and it was still slipping on the rollers

Was the first power test since having the Cat removed and the HKS silent installed. Made the guy jump first time round when his colleague hit the limiter and the exhaust went bang. Does it again at about 3 Secs in attached vid, should have brought some marshmallows

Last edited: