What's new

Online performance parts website.

D

Derek

Lads,

What online websites do ye use to purchase parts? I know of Nengun and greenline and takairia and of course ebay .. Where else?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep. :thumbs: but slow as stated. 3 weeks on average, though I got my exhaust from them quicker.

Ordered something from Japparts last Wednesday and its was in the UK delivery system yesterday. Pretty good considering Christmas was in the middle of that...

Perfectrun and Nengun are good if you have an Oz bank account. You don't pay commissions. :p Apex may seem expensive, but remember, they've already paid the duty and VAT you may land up paying when your good arrive from Jap... Keep an eye open for their group buys on the SXOC forum...

D

Derek

Will i end up paying duty and Tax if i buy something from Japan. I'm pretty sure i've heard people saying mark it as gift will they do this and will it get around the tax/duty?

Apex seem a bit dear alrite but they give excellent advice on sxoc. plus there only across the pond if anything was wrong.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Apex offer very competitive prices for Europe...

Don't know how it works in Eire, but 'gifts' are only allowed up to something like ?25 in the UK. Parcels are selected at random by customs (or if it draws particular attention). I've found the most successful description is 'warranty returned auto parts'.

When it all comes down to it, I think its luck. However, for UK purposes, you have to factor in about 25% for import duty and VAT when considering buying from Japan. Apex suddenly doesn't seem that expensive...