What's new

opinions please

T

tazzi

69km
grade 3.5
price not sure yet but i think it looks really smooth and its caught my eye.

T

tazzi

i dont know. i noticed the front brake calipers are red. is that normal or could they be a upgrade???

Reaction score
Country
Looks nice but i think a grade 3.5 might be fairly tatty if you dont mind that ?

Also where are you importing to ? if its the UK you may have problems getting it ESVA'd by the looks of things (non standard seats etc)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Didn't look to bad :)
There are some scratch-repairs on the sides that might need to be re-repaired (a good buff might do it) and also some dents on the passenger door which might be in a noticable size. I think that there might be a stone chip in the front window too (expensive to replace).

Not to bad. Needs some work if you're a perfectionist :)
If you live in the UK, I would get something more stock unless you've talked to an import company who says that they'll do the ESVA prep work and doesn't have a problem getting those stock pars needed.

Reaction score
Country
Give Charlie a call @ Prodriftuk

http://www.prodriftuk.com/

hes had plenty of experience importing S15's and is currently sourcing one for myself.

Be ready for a wait though if you are after something specific (like colour + Aero kit) as decent S15's dont come up in auctions as often as you would think (ive been looking since July!!!)

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
agreed. I was looking with torque GT for boout 2.5 months before I decided to buy Jono's old car off them. It was always in the back of my mind but after searching with no luck I decided to take his car.

Torque told me the value was going up as the japs wouldn't let the good cars leave so it was either bad bdy cars or else pay 2-3K more :eek: than they had expected. Said the same happened with the DC5 the year before.

T

tazzi

getting it through esva isnt a prob. ive imported plenty of modded evos previosly and ive got a guy who does all the prep work for me and never fails to get them through. ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
getting it through esva isnt a prob. ive imported plenty of modded evos previosly and ive got a guy who does all the prep work for me and never fails to get them through. ;)
OK.
Just be sure that hes aware of the difference between model-report cars an non modelreport ones.
you would need to change the bodykit to stock and the seats and most of the other aftermarket bits.
there are also only a handful of ESVA centres with specialized knowledge who are allowed to do the S15.

Make sure he's aware of this.

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
also, standard EVO parts wud be easily available due to the amount of them on the road. S15 is a bit rarer. Wen I was lookin at ESVA myself I was given a very indeffinite answer on wat parts they had. basically they didn't know if a nismo suspension or LSD wud pass or not & they only had 1 part of the exhaust ( middle pipe I think ) etc, etc.
To much head ache in the end

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
also, standard EVO parts wud be easily available due to the amount of them on the road. S15 is a bit rarer. Wen I was lookin at ESVA myself I was given a very indeffinite answer on wat parts they had. basically they didn't know if a nismo suspension or LSD wud pass or not & they only had 1 part of the exhaust ( middle pipe I think ) etc, etc.
To much head ache in the end
That too.

i spent almost a month looking for a stock exhaust and stock sized wheels with correct tyres for my S15 while it was sat in the ESVA prep. center. Found 2 good sxoc-ers (Kieran and Greg) who let me borrow the parts :)

Reaction score
Country
One example of why the S15 is a PITA to get through ESVA is that you cant use the standard S15 exhaust. A special modified one is needed that some ESVA centres can supply i believe.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
And you can only test the Spec R 6MT and Spec S 5MT, both of which have to have been manufactured between 01/1999 and 12/2000. There are no model reports for 2001 and 2002 S15s. To get one to pass requires breaking the rules (and possibly the law) and running the risk of falling fowl of VOSA at some point...

D

Dawgg

I have experienced many of the issues here. When i first was looking to bid on an S15 the going rate was about Y1.1m for a good example. Now you are much closer to Y1.7m for practically the same car! A disaster with a hot water tank stopped me about a year ago....very costly in the end (lol, and in real terms the car would have been a year newer)

The model report is a pain too, about ?400 dearer than common imports model reports.

For my SVA, there was 4 S15's going for testing, none of which had the downpipe from the model report which meant another few weeks waiting for that to arrive...

Still, all done and dusted and the car is due for delivery in 2 days...plates are in the post...v55/5 collected tomorrow...mot/service on Thursday....driving soon as the v55/5 is logged....cant wait :-D

Tho next time....i think i'll buy something ready too roll...there are far too many costly variables in taking on the SVA on your own on what is essentially a very rare car in the UK.

Luckily the holders of the model report SVA S15's for about ?600 if they are fairly standard....stray from them and I have been quoted ?1200-?1800 for the SVA!