What's new

Passenger side power window motor

Reaction score
Hi there guys as you can see above my window motor died and I'm struggling to find one nissan quoted me around 400 squids for it but can't even order one at the mo so they are out was wandering if anyone here ever had to get one where and how did you sort it.
Thank you in advance . Rob

Reaction score
Yes fuses ok driverside works ok .
Read a tone of threads here and there it seems to be an issue with the bushes in the motor getting clocked up

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I haven't had the issue myself so I haven't read up on it, but if its only the brushes, they are certainly replaceable and much cheaper than any replacement motor that you might find.

Have you got any experience with these kind of motors? They're very basic and usually there will be 4 brushes, each on a spring, and if there is still sufficient brush surface available you can just stretch the spring for more pressure.

The motor covers are usually just 2 or 4 screws that will expose the full motor.

If you want to give it a go, I can give you advice if you send photos of the motor partially stripped

If you want to replace the brushes, you can measure their width and height and find generic replacements online, then cut them shorter if they are too long.

Reaction score
Should be able to do it. wasn't sure if the casing was moulded but if it's with screws I can def do it as long as motor not burned outoe siezed. Shall take it apart hopefully next week and I'll give it a go I take some pics to post if it works and anyone else ever needs it.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Should be able to do it. wasn't sure if the casing was moulded but if it's with screws I can def do it as long as motor not burned outoe siezed. Shall take it apart hopefully next week and I'll give it a go I take some pics to post if it works and anyone else ever needs it.
Sounds great, let us know if you get stuck :)

Reaction score
Country
Sounds like I might be having the same problem with my driver's side window...

It was getting slower and slower, and then kind of stopped working...but sometimes decides to work a little bit... 😂