What's new

S14a Build Thread

Ian

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@TT350Z
I might as well go first and put the first S14 build thread up here :)

After selling my 350Z to get something a bit more family friendly, I wanted an S15 but the wife wanted an attic conversion so we compromised and I bought an S14a, and she got her attic conversion :) I'm no stranger to modified Nissans having had 3 x 350Z's (Supercharged, 2JZ swapped and Twin Turbo) an R34 GTR and an R33 GTR. Away from Nissan's I've also had a Twin Turbo Supra, Impreza STI and an Integra DC5 Type-R :)

Its a UK 200SX S14a, which underwent a full restoration about a year ago where all the rust was cut out and new panels welded in and a respray :)

Its got a few mods for me to build up on

JR3 17” wheels
Every bit of rubber in the suspension has been replaced with hard rubber or polly.
Engine & gearbox mounts also hard rubber.
BC coilovers.
Adjustable rear arms.
Front Mount Intercooler.
Battery in the boot.
Det detector.
Gizzmo boost controller.
Stage 1a chip.
Mongoose stainless exhaust.
Custom cold air box for Apexi air filter.
Whiteline adjustable ARBs.
Roll centre correcting ball joints.
Anti bump-steer longer track rod ends.
Quick shift.
SRB front splitter, the bumper is modified with extra plastic welded in to fill in the usual gaps left.
Custom front number plate holder, front looks factory perfect to anyone not familiar with an S14a, no big holes hacked into anything!

1600947544328.png

Since buying it in Mid August, I've done a few things to it

I removed the cheapy Autometer boost gauge & installed a Defi BF boost gauge & contol unit, Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel, Works Bell Hub, Pioneer headunit, HKS AFK V2, changed all the dash bulbs to red, the inteior and boot bulbs to bright white LEDs & installed the 350Z aluminium footrest, brake pedal and clutch pedal. I also have the accelerator pedal to fit once I figure out the best way of fitting it

I have also bought a URAS triple gauge pod ready for when I get the rest of my Defi's

I've also fitted a Cusco carbon fibre strut brace & carbon skinned my fuse box cover

I've spent ages detailing it as the paint wasn't in the best of condition despite a respray. I've got it looking OK from a distance but I think it will need doing properly again in the future. I also removed the rear wiper & removed the rear spoiler - Looks a million times better without it - just need to find a spoilerless bootlid in green now so I dont have any holes

I've also bought a Bullet Exhausts downpipe, I just need to get my wideband bung welded into it before I install it

Longer term plans include a forged rebuild & a top mount turbo with a target of 400hp. A Tomei exhaust, pair of Bride Euro seats and replacing the JR Racing wheels with something a bit more JDM ;)

Ian

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@TT350Z
I bought a heater control unit with LED lighting off one of the facebook groups

and a custom made oil catch can/washer combo tank and a Blitz air filter

Rest of my Defi's finally turned up, so i got them fitted along with the Uras gauge pod

Also got the Nismo 380RS accelerator pedal fitted along with some new floor mats

My Dmax LED rear lights are currently stuck in customs :( I've also got a new Koyo radiator, Downpipe, Silicone hoses, Engine damper to fit while I'm off over Christmas

I've also just sound deadened the car to make it a bit more family friendly ready for when I get a louder exhaust

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Wow it’s stating to come along very nicely!

Unlucky with customs :( there’s still a small chance you’ll get the taillights before Christmas or if not maybe by 29th

Liking the idea of more sound deadening, which spots did you go for? Exhaust/gearbox tunnel and behind the rear seats?

Engine damper should bring a nice change to gear shifts and engine response

Reaction score
Hey man, I have a couple questions.

1. Where did you find an A-Pillar mount for your boost gauge?

2. How did you modify your front bumper to look so clean? I love what you've done to it, looks so aggressive!

Ian

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@TT350Z
Hey man, I have a couple questions.

1. Where did you find an A-Pillar mount for your boost gauge?

2. How did you modify your front bumper to look so clean? I love what you've done to it, looks so aggressive!
TBH, the previous owner did them both so I'm not sure

Been busy the last few weeks trying to get the S14 ready for when the nice weather comes back (and potential lockdowns ending!)

Its had a bit of a winter overhaul & I'm kinda at a cross roads with it at the moment.

Over winter, I've done the following to it;

Audi R8 Coilpacks
THL R8 Coil Pack Harness
Ignitor bypass harness
Torque Damper
GK Tech Oil Catch Can
Koyo 53mm Radiator
ARC Radiator Cap
Samco Radiator Hoses
Blitz LM Air Filter
3" Downpipe
3" decat pipe

Dmax LED rear lights

Rest of my Defi's fitted (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp & Boost) into the Uuas pod

All tucked up waiting for the nice weather & an MOT

Now onto the cross roads, the wife has given the greenlight to get another Skyline but it would obviously mean moving the S14 on. Theres not a huge amount of S14s out there for sale at the moment & have no idea what to price it at given the spec of the car

Reaction score
No problem mate. The progress you're making looks ace btw, especially love the rear lights!

As for sale price, i am currently looking to buy an S14a, with 39k miles and only two mods (wheels and suspension) and the owners asking price is around £12k. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Over the past year or so JDM car prices have gone through the roof, like a grade 4 S15 Spec R will auction in Japan now for around £20k