S15 quick shift for 6mt

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Hmm. I saw that he'd sold one but thought it was the first of two that he had... He certainly didn't say he'd have to get another.

A

Ansch

I greased everything and put extra sound deadening mats as well as another washer under the wave washer. I don't think the shifter rattles but more the noise of the gear box coming through because the shifter pivot is sitting higher now and there're not as many rubber boots as there are in the factory setup.

What oil do you guys run?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i use Motul gear 300.
Used to have some problems selecting second gear when oil was cool before.
And third when shifting at high revs.

Now I don't have any problems at all :thumbs:
Could be that I've trained my other hand to shift now. standard hand to shift gear with in Sweden is the right one, so it was kinda awkward at first using the other one.

Also mounted a torque dampener. Could have something to do with it too.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
dcoghlan said:
Really thats very interesting cause I paid for that short shifter a few days ago now (its for a friend) and am waiting for it to be delivered :rant:
Just checked. There were two and they are being sent from Japan next week.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Interesting, you will need to let us know how you get on :nod:

Oh, and the third prior to reverse trick works :thumbs:

Reaction score
Nicely said:
dcoghlan said:
Really thats very interesting cause I paid for that short shifter a few days ago now (its for a friend) and am waiting for it to be delivered :rant:
Just checked. There were two and they are being sent from Japan next week.
damn if I knew there were 2 I would have taken both of them, as I have 2 friends that want them.

Reaction score
Country
hahaha

great to see people getting the short shift...
i was like nicely waiting of nengun to get them back in stock... but i just could not wait and ordered mine of perfectrun....
have to say im really loving it.. at first it was abit stiff but it eventually got looser... as i didnt use any grease...
at first i notice that it was stiff when engine was cold but loosn up when the engine started to heat up...
but i dont have that anymore.. thte oil flow must of loosen the feel up and im loving it with every gear change...Except reverse Man you go to hang of it to it get in..

Reaction score
bit ot: but can anyone describe the feel of a short shifter? or better yet, anyone in qld want to let me try their's out? i'd like to try before buy hahaha, $370 aud isn't exactly cheap for a stick of metal :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Review here

Wasn't until I read the review that I realised the company is no longer in business. All remaining stock was stockpiled.

Dale: send Thuy an email. He may be able to get another...

A

Ansch

A'PEXi said:
bit ot: but can anyone describe the feel of a short shifter? or better yet, anyone in qld want to let me try their's out? i'd like to try before buy hahaha, $370 aud isn't exactly cheap for a stick of metal :D
I'm in brisbane. Let me know when you want to check it out :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
A'PEXi said:
$370 aud isn't exactly cheap for a stick of metal :D
Quite. However, its pretty much unanimously agreed that its the best 6MT short shifter AND its no longer made... That price is cheaper than everywhere except Nengun. And it doesn't look as though they're going to get any more...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Fitted at the weekend. Fairly simple - just fecking fiddly! Fitting guide in the pipeline :)

Tried it out this morning. :notworthy: What a difference!

S

S15R

Ansch said:
Justs ordered my c's :D For those who've got it for the s15, I assume it retains the 12mm tread for the gear knob? Has anyone got the install instructions they can post up?

Also, S15R, your solution to reducing the sound is using the sound deadening mat from jay car? (If it's the same thick heavy rubber mat materials then I've used them before glueing on door trims to stop speaker rattle) Did you simply cut to size and lay it on top of the square metal plate?
yes. make sure you cover the square metal plate. also try to find something thinner than mine

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yes, its notchy. But that just lets you know you've snicked into another gear :D I nearly missed 6th once. However, I knew I was going wrong before I actually did :)

I didn't use any sound deadening stuff. I greased absolutely everything AND pulled the original top boot down over the new C's boot and top plate (similar to the description in the Sound Deadening thread). No vibration, no vast increase in noise. Top gear whine may JUST be a bit noisier.