What's new

S15 quick shift for 6mt

S

S15R

Nicely said:
Yes, its notchy. But that just lets you know you've snicked into another gear :D I nearly missed 6th once. However, I knew I was going wrong before I actually did :)

I didn't use any sound deadening stuff. I greased absolutely everything AND pulled the original top boot down over the new C's boot and top plate (similar to the description in the Sound Deadening thread). No vibration, no vast increase in noise. Top gear whine may JUST be a bit noisier.

I've tried with the original top boot over the C's boot which is much quieter but I also noticed that the original boot is rubbing the edge of the gear boot(plastic part) when gearstick moving up and down so then i took it off :)

another solution is to get the S14 boot and cover everything from the bottom which what my mate did to his.

Few weeks ago I went abit of drive down south and damn.. the 6th speed at 180km/h whines like hell :hurl:

Hunter

A

Ansch

Mine gives this really annoying rattle in 6th cruising about 80km/h (around 2500rpm) I think it's the gear box itself.

I too have the original boot over the c's one and while reduced the noise quite a bit, it makes the shift not as "slick" because of the rubbing issue as mentioned.

Overall though, it's a nice bit of gear. Get over the rattle and it actually sounds really cool blasting through the gear 1st, 2nd etc.. :D

Reaction score
Tried to fit it today but I am struggling to remove the second two rubber diaphragms to remove the stock shifter.

Do you need to reuse this? Cant understand the jap manual? how you guys managed? :confused:

Reaction score
Thanks Nicely,

Manage to sort it out in the end, and I am well pleased with it. The shift transform the car totally, now is so precise and so much fun just to change gear :D

This is the must have mod on a S15 :thumbs:

K

kieran

i have read though this complete thread and it appears that the only company that does a short shift is c's who now dont exsist,.

is there anyone else. been trying for months to get one of these :cry:

is there any out there, be it c's or another brand?

S

S15R

C's is probably the best in the marketing at the moment.. i cant think of any other brand, btw stock shifter aint that bad :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kieran said:
i have read though this complete thread and it appears that the only company that does a short shift is c's who now dont exsist,.

is there anyone else. been trying for months to get one of these :cry:

is there any out there, be it c's or another brand?
Theres a guy for NS.com call hommerules i also got mine off him great person to deal with he is also on this forum aswell try and find him and give him a msg see if he still has anymore left :nod: