What's new

Spec R on the way!

John-

Reaction score
Country
Forgot to update this!

The rears went without hassle, need to, wait till summer and get some detailed under-sealing on the car!

My first ride height selection was a bit off...

And that was still on the jacks!

End result...

It doesn't look too much different, bit it hadn't settled in that last photo.
Car rides a lot better now, with almost stock ride comfort!! Winner!
Damping is set on 8 clicks from soft all round.
I haven't been for an alignment yet either...

This last one is after the suspension had settled a bit. And the first time it has ever seen UK frost. :(

More fun things soon...

J

jay.humphries.92

Enjoying seeing the progress with this! Good luck with it, can't wait to get a 15 myself ..

Reaction score
Country
Sits nice :) could do with lowering mine abit more but down pipe scraps on speed bumps now

John-

Reaction score
Country
Thanks! I haven't had any trouble with mine yet.

Although I am running the standard 350z tyre sizes so I'm probably cheating!

Just looked at yours, well the most recent on your thread, and it sits nice! Really jealous of your aero bumper!

John-

Reaction score
Country
Another update!

Went to Horsham developments last Friday, for a NIStune and remap.
Jez didn't mess about when I got there and had the ECU out and in within about 30 minuites. Followed by about 2 hours on the rolling road, which didn't seem like long to me, but I guess he goes from a base map so it doesn't take as long.

Either way, at the end of the map, maxing out the injectors it had managed a best run of 320bhp!!!

That's on stage one mods, which impressed me!

The final runs I think it was getting a bit hot so only managed 313 and 330ftlb torque. But still impressive.

Feels much quicker, and it's better on fuel as Jez noticed that the timing was 5 degrees too retarded.

On the way home a couple of guys in a brand new golf GTD tried to race me, the looks on their faces were great when thy tried to blast past me, but couldn't get in front.
Don't really know what they were expecting though...

Last edited:

John-

Reaction score
Country
Those pictures are awful. I'll upload them from my laptop when I'm home.

It's great! Shame I can't put the power down so much as the roads are wet!

Pictures now updated to a better quality

Last edited:

John-

Reaction score
Country
Another small update.
When I got the car from Japan, the first thing I did was service it. Only part I didn't change was the fuel filter, because my local Nissan didn't have any and said they would get me one in.
Long story short, another service and about 8 months later, I gave up and bought a Bosch filter from eurocarparts, didn't have much choice on where to get another from.
Trying to find out the causes of the tiny misfire at 3.5 and 4k revs.
Anyway, was interested to see the state of the inside of the old one, so I cut it open...

I think it's the original! The petrol inside was a browny colour. So I'm glad that's changed. Think it might have helped the misfire, but it's so slight I could barely feel it anyway.

On a visual update, I'm picking up a new set of wheels at the weekend.

And fitting a splitter

More photos when they're done!

Reaction score
Country
What power mods have you got and what boost is that at? Nice figure that : D

Reaction score
Country
Should run a lot better with a new filter on now too I'd have changed it before mapping though

John-

Reaction score
Country
Didn't think it would be a problem before mapping, didn't think it could get that bad!
Power mods are:
FMIC
Walbro 255
Decat
Apexi N1 cat-back
Apexi power intake
Profec b spec 2 at 1.18 bar

So basically stage 1, I was impressed with the power, thinking about getting some poncams for more power higher in the rev range!

Reaction score
Country
: ) cool iv got pretty much same but full exhaust engine back. Can't wait to see what it makes

John-

Reaction score
Country
UPDATE:
I was going to get my Rays refurbished, but then I decided against it as I had a really original idea! Bought some Rota GTR's!
I also won a splitter on eBay at a great price, so I sprayed that up in black to compliment the wheels, and I'm really happy with the overall result, completely changed the look of the car. I also had to lower it another 20mm rear and 10mm front to accommodate for the smaller rolling radius.
Although I can understand if its a bit 'Marmite'

John-

Reaction score
Country
Cheers!
Yeah! Didn't need to use the spacers up front either, got about 4mm clearance from the coil.
I see that you've been stocking up on parts, Look forward to seeing it when its done!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's good then , wasn't sure if you would need them as I said only needed them with my old coilovers not the new ones.
Yeah got some new bits now :D
Putting in an order end of the month for all my engine parts then will be a case of taking it off the road and getting stuck in shouldn't be too long hopefully

Reaction score
Country
UPDATE:
I was going to get my Rays refurbished, but then I decided against it as I had a really original idea! Bought some Rota GTR's!
I also won a splitter on eBay at a great price, so I sprayed that up in black to compliment the wheels, and I'm really happy with the overall result, completely changed the look of the car. I also had to lower it another 20mm rear and 10mm front to accommodate for the smaller rolling radius.
Although I can understand if its a bit 'Marmite'

good job I sold mine! looks good

what size tyres are they?

Last edited: