What's new

Speedo not working. Please help

Reaction score
Country
As it say above my speedo not working. We have checked what we could but all seems to be plugged in. Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I have a spare dash cluster you're welcome to try if you get stuck, the only thing is that the RPM doesn't work on it

Generally it's either the speed sensor or the dash that fails, not sure if there are any fuses relating to the gauge either.

The best way to confirm would be to read the live data from the ECU to see if any speed is being registered, if there is then it's most likely the dash.

Reaction score
I have a spare dash cluster you're welcome to try if you get stuck, the only thing is that the RPM doesn't work on it

Generally it's either the speed sensor or the dash that fails, not sure if there are any fuses relating to the gauge either.

The best way to confirm would be to read the live data from the ECU to see if any speed is being registered, if there is then it's most likely the dash.
Ressurecting this thread Joeh, I have the same issue at the moment. I'm trying to work out whether it's the cluster or the sensor, the cluster seems to test ok in it's diagnostic mode, and I also seem to have a signal coming from the sensor/abs controller (but haven't tested with a consult machine)

There's no fault codes at all (tested using the paperclip method with instructions from here), anything you can suggest to try?

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I also had the same thing and in the end it was actually the cluster unfortunately, however I'm not suggesting it would be the same in your situation

Have you tested the A/C voltage from your cluster side where the signal comes in or was this a test at a different location?

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply, yeah there is voltage getting to the cluster. Begining to agree with the cluster thought, it's like it's not sending a speed back to the ECU.

Looks like my hand is forced on a nismo cluster and hope that's the issue 😅