What's new

Test drove the new Honda Civic Type R

Reaction score
Country
Hey

I had some time off work this morning so I thought to myself, I feel like driving something new. I drove down to my nearest car garage, which is the Honda dealership.

Got talking to the salemen and he said it was fine to test drive the new Civic.
The car does look cool, it's well funky inside.
Anyway it's all about the v-tec Yo and wow it's a real let down.
I did it at 3000 rpm, then 4000, then 5000, there's no torque.

My old dc2 was so much better. I feel really bad that this is the last type r and it's really pants.
I parked up beside me s15 and the salesmen was shocked what it was.
He just said that he didn't know Nissan made these sort of cars heh.

I just gave him the keys and drove to work.
If people on this forum have got the new shape civic then I'm sorry if I caused any offence.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have had 2 new type r's and they are really good, depends on the car some are down on power,I have seen some come out of the factory with 192 bhp and some with 212!! Big difference, and the vtec doesn't kick in til 5400rpm...............so what do you mean u did it at 3000,4000 lol
Low down there aint much there in 4th upwards but in vtec in 4th your over the speed limit already.....
I am selling mine so not offended by the comments but I think its a really good car,between the 2 I have covered 50k miles and have been faultless and quick enough for day to day, also you have to learn how to drive it too, you find a way of keeping in the power band after you have been driving it for a while, its no where near as stripped back as the original ,and has been softened up to appeal to a wider market. And being in europe we always get the crap version,japan got the fd2 225 bhp standard,lsd and brembos! Completely different car and in my eyes the real last drivers type r.....

Mugen crz looks to be fun though!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Heh no I didn't tried to kick the v-tec at 3000 rpm lol. I still would have one, I'll just bolt on loads of Mugen parts lol.
Hey what colour and price you selling ya civic? I might have a buyer for you..

Reaction score
Country
Heh no I didn't tried to kick the v-tec at 3000 rpm lol. I still would have one, I'll just bolt on loads of Mugen parts lol.
Hey what colour and price you selling ya civic? I might have a buyer for you..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Its crystal black, 10 plate 5k on the clock. With the gp pack bumpers ,footwell lighting and type r mats, prob gonna be looking between 16-16.5 judging on the prices they are going for atm the paintwork and interior have been supagaurded

My 08 plate one was almost 230bhp and had vtec kick in at 3400!! Now that was fun!!! Made the car much better.

Reaction score
Country
I ask my cuz and see what he says.

So your older one was faster..cool. I test drove a 09 plate so maybe it was just back luck lol.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
My older one was way faster but only coz it was modded had kw coilovers gruppe m induction flashpro and other bits, but on the civic site they did rolling road days with standard cars and the difference in some of the cars was mental bout 25 bhp in some cases, my new car feels faster than my old one did standard tbh I took all my mods off before I sold the old one and comparing the 2 standard this one defo feels quicker maybe just coz its brand new....
The car is officially going up for sale in about 2 -3 weeks so let me know mate.
Save me advertising if he did want it!:thumbs:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Heh just test drove an Evo 7. It had an hks induction and hks turbo timer. Now that was fun lol.

Reaction score
Country
Heh my back is still hurting. The fq are crazy!
I asked me cuz about the civic and he said wants the champ White colour. I don't see what's wrong with the black but what can I say. I did try mate..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Na that's cool mate, I don't personally like the white,more a creamy beige colour lol
There was one for sale on my civic site for 18500 I think,had bout 10 k on it.be worth a look