What's new

The reason behind driving RHD cars in a LHD country ;)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Spotted this on another forum and thought it was funny. That might explaine why I've never recieved speeding fines from cameras :D

http://gizmodo.com/5069422/the-muppets-animal-caught-speeding-driving-police-crazy

Jesus Diaz said:
The Muppets' Animal Caught Speeding, Driving Police Crazy

Yes, the photo above is real: It is Animal—from The Muppets—driving a British Audi while speeding through a German road. The famous pink drummer is driving the police there absolutely crazy, because he keeps doing it again and again. Or better said, the real driver is, using a low-tech approach to take advantage of a weak point of the radar cameras. I don't know about you, but this image makes me laugh out loud. The German police, however, wasn't amused when they explained to the press how the whole joke worked and how they couldn't fine the driver because of it:

The number plate is not enough [to catch and fine the driver]. We need clear evidence of who is driving the vehicle too. But because this is a British vehicle we can never get a decent picture [because he radar cameras are designed to take photos of the passengers in the left seat, not the right]. The driver has obviously worked this out because he has placed a large puppet in the passenger seat.

This may be an example of the famous British sense of humour but it is still dangerous driving. The driver has been caught on camera on several occasions and the puppet is on the passenger seat every time. We suspect he positions the toy deliberately before accelerating past the camera.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
PMSL! Wouldn't work the other way round in the UK though. Its not a requirement to have a photo of the driver. The ticket is sent to the registered keeper of the vehicle and if he/she fails to declare who was driving, they will receive the points and fine.