What's new

why Silvia

Reaction score
Was doing some research on the silvia name and found out something quite interesting.

Apparently according to the Nissan Silvia chief designer, the name 'Silvia' comes from Greek mythology that signifies a beautiful nymph. :eek: And according to roman myth, Silvia was the mother of Romulus and Remus was the daughter of King Numitor. It was said that she (silvia) was presented to the godess Vesta by her uncle.

Weird but enchanting. I just think its a sexy name. If i had a daughter id name her Silvia.

G

gunner93

Sexy name for a sexy car. I'd like to shake the hands of the S15 designer. Must have a good taste in curvy women.

Also, if you look at the range of Nissan JDM models, many used female names. I wouldnt say all, eg. Nissan GT-R, X-Trail etc.

Last edited:
J

JDM JUNKIE

Sexy name for a sexy car. I'd like to shake the hands of the S15 designer. Must have a good taste in curvy women.

Also, if you look at the range of Nissan JDM models, many used female names. I wouldnt say all, eg. Nissan GT-R, X-Trail etc.
Really??? I would say the opposite is true with the exclusion of Silvia, Laurel and Fairlady Z. (I wouldn't name my daughter Fairlady Z haha) Everything else I can think doesn't have a female name. Cube, March, Note, Skyline, Bluebird, Sunny, Fuga...