What's new

Work XD9 - Which offset?

Reaction score
Right ive sorted my finances and im very keen on these babies in white (link below). From previous discussions, I decided that the setup should be as follow:

F: 235/40/18x8.5 +32
R: 265/35/18x9.5 +38

Problem is that they dont offer 8.5 or 9.5 width wheels, only 8 and 9. So, how will this affect my offset? Can I go for a more tapered wheel?

http://www.perfectrun.com.au/performance parts/wheel/WorkEmotionXD9.htm

Reaction score
Its a pain i wanted these but the only nice dish comes with the 10inch ones... My arches aint that big!

Reaction score
Country
The reccomended offset by Work for S15's are

F = 18X8" +35
R = 18X9" +43

Im interested in getting these wheels as well and was just going to go for the above...maybe a +38 on the rears instead. However i dont want to have to use any crazy negative camber to tuck them under the arches.

Tyres in was guesing would be 225 fronts and 245 rears ?

Reaction score
Its a topic I hate bringing up as it gives me headaches but im still not sure as to what offsets would be best. I too dont want huge amounts of camber but I do want to lower my car further so I would like them to tuck in nicely if need be. Ive got TEINs on so I guess thats something else to ponder on...! Their recommended offsets seem a bit ****ty. Hardly any dish with those whatsoever. Suggestions?

P

pablo

a 9.5 rota on et 30 no spacer and a 235 tyre needs the arch rolling (when low) and really imo is the absolute max offset and size that fits

there is room of course to have a higher offset as this brings the wheel into the arch a little more., but this would compromise any dish

a 9 inch wheel would prob provide a few more options

just get playing with an offset calculator and go and measure you standard wheels

Reaction score
Country

If you want taper for the front, 8" wouldnt do it. You need a 9" and low offset to get it.

If you dont want to play with much camber and tyres, I would recommend
18 x 8.0 +35
18 x 9.0 +38

With some camber and tyres, you should be able to fit
18 x 9.0 +20 (Around -2 camber depending on your tyre size)
18 x 10.0 +38 (Should only need a roll)

Without the 0.5", you can lower the offset as it's 0.25" more clearance to the arch and suspension.

JEZ8553,

Those figures recommended by manufacturers are for stock height. When you lower it, it's a different ballgame.

Reaction score
Thanks Jez. Do other people agree that this is best? I know Pablo said to measure my wheels but im not sure what to measure. I dont mind rolling and some camber should be ok (1-3 degrees) but nothing crazy. So if everyone else agrees, could we say that for Work XD9's the following applies if you want to lower the car, dont mind some camber and are prepared to roll the arches:

With some camber and tyres, you should be able to fit
18 x 9.0 +20 (Around -2 camber depending on your tyre size)
18 x 10.0 +38 (Should only need a roll)

P

pablo

you need to know what you current offset is etc...

for example lets say you have a 10 inch wheel on a 30 offset. if there is 10mm from the wheel lip to the body work it means you could put a 10 inch wheel with a 20 offset on.

the less offset the more the wheel is pushed outward the greater the offset (+) the more the wheel is pulled inwards.

heres an offset calculator

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

enter in your current set up, then your desired setup. then go out to the car with a tape measure and see if the new measurements

a. clear the bodywork
b. clear the suspension

easy!

call me if you get stuck

Reaction score
Country
Whats the deal with the strut clearence on the rear ? Is there more space between the strut and wheel to play with compared to the front ?