What's new

2871r .52 trim

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
just want to know if anyone is running this turbo and what they think of it? basically once im done with this next stage my spec will be as follows:

hks pod filter
turbo back hks silent hi power decat exhaust and ths manifold
apex type 1 fmic
walbro pump
hks actuator
garrett 2871r .52 trim
braided turbo lines
z32 afm
lightened pulleys
nismo 740's
greddy profec b2
remap to suit
exedy clutch and lightened flywheel
braided clutch line
colder plugs (ik22 may change for ik20)

what im after is does anyone have a spec close to this that can comment on how it feels ie. spool up, power higher up the rev range etc. i know the turbos used on many a s15 but not sure on the differences the other components will make. also have i missed anything at this stage? any info much appreciated as the setup is not completely set in stone till after xmas and im open to good suggestions.

thanks in advance.:thumbs:

M

Matt_S

I dont know the difference between that and my HKS GT RS, but that spec looks very similar to mine. Take a look on my for sale ad for the full spec :)

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
cheers for that matt, it does help:thumbs:as far as i know the 2871 is what garrett started producing when the exclusivity deal with hks for the gt rs ran out so i think they are very similar if not the same design without the stamp........

havent got the head gasket done, so probably wont be running any more than 1.3 bar but once thats proved semi-reliable ill go for the hg and cams.

does anyone have experience of act clutches and flywheels, ive also looked into the pro-lite/streetlite and the extreme organic clutchn but wouldnt mind some feedback.......

M

Matt_S

cheers for that matt, it does help:thumbs:as far as i know the 2871 is what garrett started producing when the exclusivity deal with hks for the gt rs ran out so i think they are very similar if not the same design without the stamp........

havent got the head gasket done, so probably wont be running any more than 1.3 bar but once thats proved semi-reliable ill go for the hg and cams.

does anyone have experience of act clutches and flywheels, ive also looked into the pro-lite/streetlite and the extreme organic clutchn but wouldnt mind some feedback.......
Yeh, the CHRA (core) is basically the same, but Im not sure the exhaust housing is the same as Ive read reports of some guys getting boost creep with the 'Non HKS' item. APT for example offer a modified 'anti creep' 2871. Maybe worth having a chat with them.
Yeh, if I were you, Id get the valve springs and a set of 260 Tomei Pro Cams as and when you can afford it, and the MHG too.