What's new

a certain s15 flaming

P

pablo

not really i can see the the reflection of the flames under the spoiler, theres too much road noise etc. at lower speeds i get the pops etc but these must be further up the exhaust and i dont get flames on these as far as i know.

this was also a unique night to have had someone behind me to film it. i had done some previous flames but had not noticed them as they must have been smaller, so who knows how often i get them or if the conicide with any if the pops

Reaction score
only ever noticed mine doing it once...dark road, no one behind me, lit up the whole road behind....could see that without lookin' in mirrors etc.

Mine tends to pop blue flames rather than long lasting ones like yours pablo..... does that quite frequently too....

On other thing i've noticed, when mine pops, it sounds like it's popping drivers side rear...which is weird, cause the exhaust doesn't ever venture to that side of the car! LOL

P

pablo

i wouldnt know about the blue ones. i have wrapped my exhaust from the turbo to the decat and blipping the throttle helps produce little pops on the over run. this was the first time i had ever seen them it was quite a shock!

i had only recently put the car together..boost mods etc and i hadnt really got the car hot

Reaction score
may have to invest in some wrap! lol

Gotta sort my over boost out before i can up the boost... so once it comes back from spray, that's first thing to be doing! :D

either way, nice vid! :) One totally for the "boy inside"!!! haha

P

pablo

be warned with the wrap. i did an awesome job only to find i had major problems getting all the bolts in!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Mine pops alot, but i dont know if i get any flames.

Think i may wrap the front pipe etc too, the cabin floor gets warm on the passengers side sometimes :eek:

It'll be difficult to do in-situ, while lying on the floor :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i love the big long flame awesome i get the odd tiny blue flame with a pop so ive told but nothing like that!!

P

pablo

get it hot and feather the throttle slightly in 6th whilst backing off, it may do it then.