What's new

after market wheel, need to "hardwire" a Horn, help :O

Reaction score
right im in a pickle, bought my car with a aftermaket wheel fitted and no horn.
today i set of about fitting the horn to a button on the dash, now i just cant find the horn live wire.
i've been told its a green black wire but i cant find a green black wire anywhere inside the steering-wheel colum, bearing in mind i've never seen a s15 wheel connected so i dont know what wires went to the wheel or what plug the wire could be in.
if anyone has a picture of the wire and the connector i would find my feet and be really thankful, been looking for a write up or something but cant find one i've the NCT saturday so i need it before then :eek:
Alan

Last edited by a moderator:

drifter

Reaction score
Country
It won't be a live mate, the wire in the steering column is an earth :)

When you push the horn it earths a relay which then powers the horn.

What you need is to find that wire in the steering column, connect it to one side of a button with the other side connected to earth. I had to do this in my S14 thanks to a shonky boss, the S15 has a HKB boss which takes care of everything.

Reaction score
sorry yes its compleating the circuit by earthing it, i know what you mean, still just lookign for the wire tho :( any one got a picture of it?

Reaction score
Country
if you really cant find it and get sick of trying to find it, just run a new wire from the horn itself to the dash and just switch it off the 12v feed coming into the ignition. (not the acc 12v) done

Reaction score
Country
Does this help??

Im guessing LG/B is "light green / black" and B/R is "black or brown red"

Last edited: