What's new

Any Metallica fans here??

G

Ger Keane

Just got the new album 'Death Magnetic' on friday. Cant stop listening to it. its up there with their best work :notworthy:. any more 'tallica' fans on here?

Reaction score
I used to be a Metallica fan before St. Anger.

I still absolutely love their older stuff.

I've ordered their new album but it hasn't been delivered yet, I'm really looking forward to getting it though I've heard nothing but good things.

BTW Is there really an 'Unforgiven 3'?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Another one right here :)
I like the new album. It's not as good as their old stuff, but that is understandable as times move on.
But I like this one better than st. anger which could be pretty good if Ulrich fixed his drum set.

favourite tracks on death magnetic are
Broken, beat & scarred
The day that never comes
All nightmare long.
Suicide and redemption is pretty good too. one of their best instrumental songs I think.

Best songs so far I might add. The album grows everytime I listen to it :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I used to be a Metallica fan before St. Anger.

I still absolutely love their older stuff.

I've ordered their new album but it hasn't been delivered yet, I'm really looking forward to getting it though I've heard nothing but good things.

BTW Is there really an 'Unforgiven 3'?
Yes, there is an unforgiven III.
I don't like it very much though. II is better and I is best :)

S

StarletRick

i wubs their older stuff, but their recent outings have been really poor...

ill have to give this new one a whirl if you say its good.

G

Ger Keane

ya St Anger was painful to listen to, even for a hardcore metallica fan.
this new album ranks above anything that they have brought out since the black album. hard to believe all these lads are in their mid forties with the speed they play this new album.
this is metallica as they should be heard, loud and fast :thumbs:

Reaction score
They're on radio 1 in the UK all evening... and there is a listen again available on I-Player for Zain Lo who was on 7-9 with the start of metallica night :)

japmadlad

Reaction score
Country
love metallica. Agree, St Anger was disappointing but new album is a big improvement. Cynaide is a deadly tune. Saw them in marley park the other month. was fooking awesome. Have seen them a few times now.:notworthy:

J

JayDM

Metalmilitia! Its fun to see Hetfield and the gang evolve through each and every album. I love all their albums.St.Anger was manageable to me coz I also listened to nu-metal bands with dropped tunings (Slipknot,Sepultura,Soulfly etc)

My fav has always been Justice For All due to complexity in the song progressions and that raw*ss production( I play guitars/drums btw)

Then again I'm also a huge Megadeth fan:wack:! Mustaine is faster if you had to mention age vs speed. Check out United Abomination:thumbs:

P

passion automotive

Metallica are excellent, i've only heard the single off the new album but i'm sure the rest of it is just as good! The black album is still the best for me, although ride the storm (i think thats the name) from 1984 is another classic...