What's new

Anyone got information on this spec R

Judd

Reaction score
Country
Hi bud.
Yeah it reads ok . Although the black alloys are shocking. Going to give it a good look over and check for rust ect.. Apart from gearbox issue's is there Anything I should be looking out for ?

Does it look like an original pearl white spec R ?
Cheers.

Reaction score
The front bumper has had a respray at some point, that much i can tell, i couldn't say if its the nissan white just from the pictures. Might be worth checking it's a genuine Nissan plastic front bumper not a fibreglass copy, not that it really makes that much difference.

But as with most s-bodies, if you are mechanically minded it's all easy, the only thing i would be really worried about on these cars is rust as they are getting to that stage in their life.

Judd

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Tom.
Yeah I can see the mesh bits have been painted and also looks like inside door shut hinge bar has paint on . Would prefer a genuine pearl white car.
I will change the front bumper.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Judd check the vin plate in the engine bay for the Nissan factory colour. Its on the bulkhead, same side as the steering wheel. WK0 will denote pearl white.

Good luck, lovely looking car

Reaction score
If you are changing the front bumper it may be more reason to check if it is genuine. If you choose to sell it after swapping a genuine bumper will sell for a lot more than a copy.

Judd

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the reply so guys. I gave it a good look over and it's a genuine grey spec R that's been painted audi ibis white.
Really good paint job though so
I put a deposit on it and I'm picking it up in the next day or so.
Was a bit concerned that when he took me out in it after it had warmed up and he boosted it , it spluttered and missed for a few seconds and then cleared and was fine. He said that he hasn't been using it and his dad has been starting it up at weekends for him and the plugs were probably fouled up.

Like I said it did clear itself and was perfect. Pulled hard and looks lovely so I got it to run about in terorise the locals. Got the rotas bunged in for free and all tyres are new so happy days.