What's new

Been offerd a part/ex with 85trueno??

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I know nothing about 85 corolla coupe's but in my opinion the S15 is A LOT more aesthetically pleasing to look at, which means its going to sell faster at the end of the day...

Just my opinion

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Is he only offering €2k your way? Then I'd say no, if it was €4k I'd consider it...... It'll be just as hard to get the money your after trying to sell that. Regardless of the mileage its still a 23 year old car!!! Plus, you know yours is mint & hasn't been crashed or clocked - take that and you only have his word to go on

S

s15andy.s

I know nothing about 85 corolla coupe's but in my opinion the S15 is A LOT more aesthetically pleasing to look at, which means its going to sell faster at the end of the day...

Just my opinion
cheers darren i agree with your point:thumbs:

but i wonder would a 2litre car sell quicker in these times with the price of tax an insurance for young irish drivers these days.also everyone is minding there moneys with the economic crisis!:annoyed:

S

StarletRick

the ae86 is one of the prettiest cars ever.

BUT. alot of people get them without driving them. without decent suspension/braking/engine mods, they are pretty pants tbh.

go for a spin in it. if its been sorted out, you wont have more fun in a car. i <3 ae86

S

s15andy.s

Is he only offering €2k your way? Then I'd say no, if it was €4k I'd consider it...... It'll be just as hard to get the money your after trying to sell that. Regardless of the mileage its still a 23 year old car!!! Plus, you know yours is mint & hasn't been crashed or clocked - take that and you only have his word to go on
Fair point there too..

I spoke to the guy selling it an he said hes mate imported it in july and then sold it to him!i asked had he an auction sheet for it an he said no!! he hasnt offerd me any cash or anything yet but i would want to be getting at least 4grand with it as he has it WAY overpriced.also theres no nct an has no rear interior..he said hed get it nctd tho!

The milage is very low for a car that age too..it could have easily been clocked as its simple do it to cams so ive heard:no:

subzero

Reaction score
not a bad trade ( car i mean) a trueno wont devalue as much as a spec s s15 if you choose to head away for a year or whatever. :wave:

and the trueno is great crack , and hopefully it has been well looked after , then youll have no bothers. you should be getting a slight bit more money with the trade tho. ( 9.5k for a trueno - it would want to be in very good condition for that kinda money)

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
WHAT! No way haha. Iv loved Hatchi Roku's for years now but i would never even consider swapping an s15 for one.. nooo chance!

Dude there's alot to take into consideration, I dont know if you have been in one before? But its an old car.. ooooooold car, So you automatically loose all your 'comforts' as such. More chance things will break and be just as expensive to fix.

They have no power FACT, Compared to the s15 you will need to seriously seriously work at it to use it! They are fantastic track cars but id not do this swap imo, just seems daft.

AE86's are all over priced, its so pathetic how a movie comes on out and everyone rush's and buys them! Then start to charge the most stupid money ever for it! The guys are my work laughed at half the ones on DW for sale asking for 8/9grand, They used to own exactly the same and they sold them for like £500 as no one wanted them. Plus, there getting hella damm common.

Sounds stupid to me but its obviously what ever you need the car for, but im running the MX5 just now, i know its not a hatchi HOWEVER its old, RWD, 1.6 Engine and small with no comforts and damm i miss my s15 every single day :(
The power, the looks, the attention, the noise, the electric windows, the decent heating system, decent speaker system, the general comfort! everything mang :(

Reaction score
he's only going to be selling it straight on anyway so the cars comfort shouldn't be an issue, i'd go for it if you got 3.5 or so off him, the spec s looks like a bastard of a car to sell here, i seen one in cork hanging around for ages the price came ridiculously low before it went, i'd say you'd have an easier time shifting the cam if it's mint like he says

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
why go through the hassle and time of going and swapping cars to sell right away? Just seems stupid, and plus.. if neither sold i know what id be happy having to drive around till it did sell. Also, 86's are common as much espc over in ireland!

Reaction score
i know what you mean but my point is that selling an ae86 i think would be a lot easier than selling a spec s, especially if it's a genuinely low mileage car, cam's are common out but there's always people buying them

S

StarletRick

a mildly modded AE86, will **** on an s15 for fun factor.

you cant compare it to an mx5. they are the most fun car in the world to drive. they have just the right amount of power to be fun. but as said before, you have to make them handle well first. as they are poop from stock.

D

david

Hold out and try sell the s15 im in the car trade a while and its very hard come on a twin cam corolla in mint condition im also a vehical tester and they are rotton with rust a lot off them. my friend just brought two twin cams in from japan 5 months ago thinking he would make a killing on them and he still has one and sold the other for 6 grand and it was clean. there everywhere now in ireland and the jap ones are not making near as much as a clean uk or irish corolla. also i know ur spec s is very clean but u might be looking for a bit much concidering u can buy spec r s for as little as 12-14 grand now and its frightening too see wat sports cars are going too drop too for 2009 along with all cars. the car trade in ireland is f**ked and we havnt seen the half of it yet all down too this economy slump.
My opinion keep the s15 for 12 months too get ur money or try sell it straight for 10k or so :annoyed:

S

s15andy.s

well i have to agree that a cam will defo sell on quicker than a s15 n/a in ireland because theres allways young fellahs buyin them because of cheap tax/insurance, running costs and the fact there rwd and fun etc..also theres a strong cult following for them in ireland in particuler!personally i never saw the attraction!

Anyway i got back to the guy an told him id need 4000 with hes cam,just waitin on hes reply!im not pushed to be honest,but if he agrees on offer i will take a look at hes cam an if its mint ill strike a deal!!

J

jhinchy

A mate of mine had an 85 booted Levin for sale for 5 grand. He advertised it everywhere, CBG.ie, carzone, autotrader, buy and sell etc, and it took weeks to sell! not as easy to sell as they used to be!

S

s15andy.s

A mate of mine had an 85 booted Levin for sale for 5 grand. He advertised it everywhere, CBG.ie, carzone, autotrader, buy and sell etc, and it took weeks to sell! not as easy to sell as they used to be!
booted cams dont seem to be as sought after as coupes..:wack:

D

david

personally i prefer the boot one as the coupe is more common.as was said above people are only looking for five grand for them and its going to get worse trust me!try sell ur own i reckon first and it will go at some stage.

S

s15andy.s

personally i prefer the boot one as the coupe is more common.as was said above people are only looking for five grand for them and its going to get worse trust me!try sell ur own i reckon first and it will go at some stage.

ya i suppose ill just hold out..i have it goin in autotrader now the next 2weeks so fingers crossed!!

thanks for all the comments btw:thumbs:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
a mildly modded AE86, will **** on an s15 for fun factor.

you cant compare it to an mx5. they are the most fun car in the world to drive. they have just the right amount of power to be fun. but as said before, you have to make them handle well first. as they are poop from stock.
It all comes down to personal taste i suppose however i dont really know what you mean in terms of "fun factor" - So cant really try and defend the s15.

Im guessing by that statment that youv driven an MX5? If so can you explain why i cant compare them? Out the box there isnt a savage deal in differance in comparison to something like the 15.. Infact id put money on it that an MX5 would destroy an AE86 on a track/touge whatever - I mean AE's are nice cars dont get me wrong, but its just a bit lame how everyone thinks there the "Be all and End all" of Drift cars just because they were in Inital D.

Also, a midly moded s15 would **** all over a midly moded AE so that first comment means jack mate. :wack:

K

kenny421

Andy, i'd say go for it if the car and money swapping hands is right!
As you said yourself there is a cult following of Cam's here in Ireland,
especially the last year the RWD bug has hit hard on younger lads and
only car they can afford is an AE86 for tax and insurance!

If he gets it NCT'd (big plus), gives you about 3.5 grand and you go out
and inspect it and it is clean then i'd say you'd shift on the cam at the
right price say about 7.5 - 8 grand!

Sure have a look at the Cam yourself and see what he comes back with
on your offer!