What's new

WTB: Board and carpet in boot

Reaction score
I've had a spillage in the boot so now the board is mis-shaped and the carpet stained.
Anyone got a board and carpet they don't need and want to off-load?

V

vti_coupw

pop down to your local DIY shop and buy some board and cut it to size, thats what i did and was stornger than the original flimsy stuff that was in it, then get a nice shag pile sheep skin rug and staple it too the new board :D PIMPIN

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
get some grey speaker carpet off ebay and cut round the original as a template. looks much better. and do the same with the board and a sheet of ply or thin mdf, much better:nod:

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys.
I'm considering the DIY route but would prefer using original parts if I can get hold of some easily.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
the originals have no branding on them or anything mate, honestly if you got a bit of fibreboard and cut it to shape it would look exactly the same and just as weak as the original. also the boot carpet doesnt match the trim in the boot anyway, but the ebay stuff does.......

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I made myself a new bit of wood for the boot by cutting around the old one with a jigsaw.

Its all bent now from where Ive had heavy stuff in the boot, but I didnt see the point in making one from really thick wood as its just additional weight :rotfl:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
when i upgraded the brakes there was no point keeping the space saver in there any more as it wouldnt fit so i took it out, as i'd lost weight i went for some 8mm mdf (which isnt heavy anyway in such a small amount) and cut it to shape but with some extra either side where the rear brace mounts and drilled the holes to line up with the mounts. i then removed the brace and re fitted it with longer bolts on top of the new floor and the result is a boot floor that can support a small sub (screwed down of course :nod:) and you havent added any weight as together they weigh much the same as the space saver.....

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys.
Off to B&Q later this week to buy me some wood.
As for the carpet, it's in the washing washine incase it can be rescued...