Bonnet nightmare - need help...!!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hey all,

Totally gutted tonight - usual journey back home. Someone in front stops at roundabout, I stop as well. Car goes past front car and roundabout is clear. I look right and start pulling away then BANG??!!

Usual story - got no-one really to blame except myself. Only felt like going forward at 5mph but the noise was loud. My damage is a small scuff on front bumper and cracked reg plate.

However, when I got home, noticed the front bumper at the very front part has been pushed in towards the car and has literally bent slightly upwards with a small crease... :cry::cry:

I'm going to see if a local recommended body repairers can take out the crease but worst comes to worst, I'll need a new bonnet... :censored:

*Please can some kind soul let me know the part code for an S15 bonnet and where's the place so source one from - maybe Japanparts.com I was thinking??

Or does anyone know of replica parts that might be cheaper or even suggest some aftermarket ones which have a nice subtle style but don't cost too much more than the OEM bonnet?

Thanks and sorry for being lazy but with kids, dinner and depression setting in, I don't have the time at the mo to look into everything!! :rolleyes:

Cheers y'all,

James :thumbs:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Auch :(

contact japanparts, perfectrun, or any of the sponsors here who deals with Nissan parts for a price.

The part number is F5100-85FMM
That's just a clean hood. You'll need to change some parts over from your existing one. Don't know if they come prepainted.

I think that getting a carbon fiber one could be cheaper.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks for the help guys... :thumbs:

Derek - do you know if the said person/company will deliver the bonnet to my address in England should I need a replacement?

Cheers :)

Reaction score
Country
hell why not get a new front bumper while your at it.. a nice aero bumper or one of those aftermarket ones and carbon bonnet finish of with some nice wide front fenders..... if you gonna paint it do it all the same time to make sure it all matches...

after market stuff should be alot cheaper then OEM stuff.

G

gunner93

Sorry to hear that... but its a good reason to upgrade the hood to a ventilated one if its for meee... :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
mmm... seriously considering going carbon and getting it painted :nod:

However, money is a bit of an issue at the moment so I'm still waiting to see whether I have to go through insurance (since I would have to dish out cash for the other guy I bumped as he needs a new rear bumper).

Japanparts.com seem to have one or two carbon ones for around ?500 but this exc EMS delivery + painting??!!

Oh, well - the joys of an accident... :(

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would talk to a panel beater first. should be way cheaper.
I suspect that feight would be quite alot for a hood considering the size. then there is VAT on top of that too.

Isn't there anyone local who can do a custom carbon hood based on your stock one? Could be cheaper than getting one from japan.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks all - sorted for the moment.

The other guy was going down the route of 'my neck is sore' blah, blah wants max payout etc so I've had to use the insurance company.

Local recommended bodyshop seem pretty good - they say they can pull the crease out since the skin beneath is solid and hasn't been damaged. Respraying the whole bonnet and re-fixing the front bumper which is not flush anymore.

Whole job inc VAT and labour has been quoted as ?411 which I would have been happy with if I was paying for it myself cash etc. But it's now going to be sorted by the insurance company and the car should be fixed by next week.

Just worried about the premium for nexy year but hey, there's nothing I can do about that... :rolleyes:

G

gunner93

InitialD,

What an irony, last Thursday, I knocked into my colleague's butt (also without looking to my left)! Damn! :mad: My front bumper and left head lamps sunk in by 3/4 inch. Had it sorted out over the weekend with a local bodyworks repairer, pull back the soft front lamp brackets & resprayed entire bumper. I had to fork out two bills as well. Bad weekend for me! :rotfl:

But after watching Arsenal demolish Derby 5 - 0 at home, I felt better. :D