What's new

Coolant

Reaction score
Country
hi guys

looking to change my coolant on the next service, what coolant do you guys use? whats the best? is there any difference in what you should use for a jap spec car?

cheeers

Reaction score
Country
Just make sure you do a really good flush, then make sure you use either pre-mix or if you use concentrate, make sure you use distilled water

Reaction score
Country
im gonna chuck it at a garage anyway but wanted to get the right stuff. i swear i got told years ago that imports needed different coolant to uk cars, prob bull but just wanted to know what stuff to get

Reaction score
Country
when you flush your engine, actually flush your engine, as in take one of the hoses off the heater and t in there, remove the lowest rad hose, open the heater from the controls in your car and run the hose, then put it back together but add a engine block flush cleaner and just leave it there overnight after running the engine for about 20min, then in the morning take it for a half hour drive. repeat the water flush process and ensure every little bit of the acid flush is gone, then top up the entire system using (looking at where you live) a 50/50 coolant to water mix, just by a expensive coolant, if it says made in USA then its going to be good.

Reaction score
Country
im gonna chuck it at a garage anyway but wanted to get the right stuff. i swear i got told years ago that imports needed different coolant to uk cars, prob bull but just wanted to know what stuff to get
all heater hoses are rubber, all heads are alloy, all blocks are either alloy or steel and all manufacture gaskets are made of the same material.................. they just say that cause the manufacture picked one based on a buying agreement they made with a coolant company at a certain time...
just dont buy a cheap one, they are all glycol based and have additives to help remove mineral deposits off and prevent the build up on metal, just some are better then others at doing the job.
Just as when you buy a engine block flush cleaner, its basically a dulled down acid.. and a cheap one is going to be piss weak.. acid removes mineral build ups on metals, a good coolant goes along way to prevent those build ups

Reaction score
TBH, I would just use a decent coolant that is available for the cars and environment you live in. We don't need the same coolant here in Aus as you guys because we don't get the freezing temperatures that you do. I would stick to a good brand..