What's new

Dim Dials?

P

Paul-S15R

I've noticed this since day 1. My dials are quite dim, I would like to know if other S15 owners suffer from the same thing?

Heres a pic of my dials at night:

Does yours look like this?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No brightness control on the JDMs. If the dash bulbs are anything like mine were, some were blown and others were blackened.

E

Endless

I have the JDM version and was wondering where is the brightness control for sometime....mine are pretty dark too especially with the bright aftermarket gauges surrounding, which make the dails even more dimmer

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Mine were the same too when i first had it,

however i've recently taken my dash apart and my bulbs were like nicely said his were, 2 had blown and 2 were blackened.

i never even knew i had a seatbelt warning light :rotfl: :wack:

They are alot brighter now with my new shiny bulbs :cool:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Don't be tempted to put LEDs in the dash :no: The standard bulbs have three different wattages and it makes a considerable difference to the brightness if you bung LEDs in (not in a good way). Put them in the warning lights and they'll all look different colours. They rely on the yellow tint the little bulbs give off...

A

Autech_NZ

what sort of bulbs are they, mine are very dull as well. I had the same problem on my old s14 and replaced a bulb in the dash cluster but it cost me $8 for one tiny bulb.

do we need special bulbs?

P

Paul-S15R

I think I need to replace some bulbs like you say, but what bulbs do you need?

Reaction score
rofl, i must say that the brightness control is very useful in audm models... i'm suprised the audm finally has something better than the jdm model :p

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To be honest though, since replacing my dash bulbs I stopped looking for the brightness control :nod: They are just right :nod:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I bought a bunch of LEDs to replce my bulbs, fitted them up and nothing worked, could that be down to the different wattages you mentioned Nicely?

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Sorry to bump this REALLY old thread. But I too have these dim bulbs and i'm getting tired of it. My mate's all have AUDM S15s and there dials are alot brighter than mine in comparison.

Looking at Paul2x's S15

Would he be using LED bulbs to get that sort of brightness?

Reaction score
Country
Mine are all nice and bright except for the fuel gauge :down:

When I enough time ill take the clocks out and replace any bulbs that seem to have gone...Might change them to red too :D