What's new

Ditching air bags.

Reaction score
Planning on ditching passanger airbag as it weighs a tonne, and as i have harnesses wouldn't be much good. Drivers airbag has already gone in place of a deep dish steering wheel.

Question is, I could just connect a resistor capacitor jobby into the circuit to trick it into thing the air bag still remains but would like to do the job properly and ditch the control unit. Am i right in thinking the airbag control module is the one under the middle of the rear seats? If i remove this and associated wiring and any supply to it will it cause problems and bring up the light on the dash? if so how do i prevent this from happening. Can anyone help? Has anyone already done this?

Reaction score
I had a resistor to get rid of the airbag light, it worked for a while but every now and again the light would come back. I just desoldered the airbag LED in the cluster.

Reaction score
Yer if theres no other way about it i'll do they above. Also is there a impact detection sensor under the bonnet somewhere?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
There must be but I've never seen it/them. Unless it's controlled by an inertia type switch..