What's new

Fitting DC2 Type R lip

Reaction score
hi guys. I just bought a Type R lip the other day. people said it's a direct fit onto the OEM bumper. It did fit straight on but the thing is the lip seems to be a bit shorter on each side of the bumper. How do you guys who has fitted these overcome this issue?

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
When I had a Type R lip on my original OEM factory bumper, it was about 10mm shorter each end. Just because people say its "a direct fit" does not actually mean it is, remember its a Honda part that you are putting on a Nissan.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I've got the dc2 lip on mine.. I just cut the plastic that folds around either side and shaped it! Then made a couple of spacers so the lip sat flush to the bumper and bolted it on :)

Reaction score
Country
I've got the dc2 lip on mine.. I just cut the plastic that folds around either side and shaped it! Then made a couple of spacers so the lip sat flush to the bumper and bolted it on :)
Do you have pics? I'm debating between the ITR lip and an Aero front bumper

Kev

Reaction score
Country
There's a pic on my build thread :thumbs: in my opinion id get an aero if I could find one

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I will post some pics once I get the lip installed. Agreed on the aero front bumper but it's a pain in the a** to find one. There was one up for sale for NZD$200 sometimes last year but i didn't have chance to get it...:cry:

Reaction score
Country
Hopefully the local Nissan dealer has one. They said they had two for my year but I doubt its the Aero. I'm just waiting for comfirmation. I'm seriously about to have a friend buy a cheap 15 from Japan with an Aero front, ship the parts i need, and then part it out.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the help, I will post some pics once I get the lip installed. Agreed on the aero front bumper but it's a pain in the a** to find one. There was one up for sale for NZD$200 sometimes last year but i didn't have chance to get it...:cry:
Yes the Aero front bumper is rare, sometimes you need to pay more than you want to just to get one - in my opinion they look better than a fitted lip. I don't regret buying my Aero bumper, not at all.