What's new

Gauges and turbo timer

L

Loggies15

I am wanting to get a turbo timer and 3 gauges for the car. I am thinking of putting these gauges in the place of the 3 fans above the cd player. Any recommendations to what type of gauges and turbo timer i should think about getting? Had a look at the Greddy stuff but i'm not to keen on those.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Defi look good and have a nice startup sequence but you'll pay the price for them. from what i keep reading wouldn't bother with a turbo timer, more of a pain than their worth, easier just to keep an eye on the clock( & won't piss off the insurance companys too). i'm trying to fit defi's above the radio in my car but under the vents (spare din slot since i moved the radio closer to the heater controls). go for the basics anyway first, water temp, oil temp, oil presure and then add from there. boost gauage should also been done afterwards since the original isn't very accurate apparently

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
nickichi, if you want to fit a carbon 3 gauge holder in the centre console, then it can be done without any glue, brackets or anything. it holds itself in. it involves moving the a/c to the middle and the radio to the top, the gauges then sit above the hazard/lighter etc - if you want any help, let me know. there are pics in my build thread ;).

loggies15, you will need 60mm gauges to fit the vents, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp are highly reccommended mate ;)