What's new

Gramlights 57Optimise

Reaction score
Gents

Im very close to putting a deposit down on these but need to confirm if the offsets will fit the S15. I dont want my wheels to stick out beyond the arch so bear that in mind.

Front 18x8.5 +33 Tyre 245/35/18
Rear 18x8.5 +33 Tyre 255/35/18

Getting a staggered set will cost me more money and more time as they need to be ordered however I think these will be fine. What do you think?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
That offset will be fine for the size. The fronts will be tightish under the arches (depending on how much you lower) and coilover clearance close. I'd put 235x40x18 max on the front though. Handling with 245s will be terrible.

Reaction score
well theyre offering me a deal on a non staggered set but I would prefer a tapered wheel on the rear so will find out. They wont stick out will they?

Reaction score
sweet! Ill find out. What benefits are there of having a slightly wider wheel?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
nope. Gonna borrow jonbubz's car because his car is running 18 x 9.5 +38 at the rear

:)
Looks like there is quiet a bit of camber on the rear though.

Here are my wheels at the rear. 8.5J +30
camber is sorted now so they stick out a little more at the top.
Didn't have to roll the arches or anything though.

Reaction score
nice but i want to lower mine by 40mm so i think ill need to roll the arches.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine's lowered, an 18x8.5 on +32 offset and with the camber sorted. My rear arches needed rolling. I can't lower the front any more than in the photo without the arches hitting the rubber.

Reaction score
could you lower it if you put some negative camber on the front? or rolled the arches?

Reaction score
Country
The front is actually abit rolled from factory so I dont think you can roll them anymore. You need to roll the rears to fit anything decent.

I've read somewhere that wider rear wheels will promote more understeer? or was it oversteer. Cant remember

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
The front is actually abit rolled from factory so I dont think you can roll them anymore. You need to roll the rears to fit anything decent.

I've read somewhere that wider rear wheels will promote more understeer? or was it oversteer. Cant remember
Added traction in the rear should increase understeer :nod:
With my BBS wheels which was 255 in the back and 215 in the front, I got mucho understear when I tried a tight cone course. I think you lot calls it "Motorkhana". It could be adjusted with the right foot though.

Haven't tried it with my current set of wheels though which are 225s all around. But I suspect it might be more balanced. I'm thinkng about trying this weekend.

B

baynz

i thout wider tyres on the rear would give you extra traction in a straight line but decrease your traction while turning a corner.

just what i thought tho.

Reaction score
just a quick photoshop. I want it as low as this. I think it will be achievable. what do you think?

(sorry pablo for using your pic)

Reaction score
by the way, i placed my order today for the wheels and i dont even have the car yet!! see how dedicated i am:cool: