What's new

Headlight Moisture Nightmare

wutang200

Reaction score
Ever since I've had my S15 (around 7 years now), I've had this stupid moisture issue that just really bugs the hell out of me and I really have no idea how to fix it apart from people telling me to stick it in the oven which is NOT an option considering how expensive these things are.

I've really ran out of ideas now so am asking for any ideas on how you've managed to fix your headlight without completely replacing the unit. There HAS to be another way to fix this issue. I can't even get into the back of the headlight via the low beam connection as the plug just won't budge no matter how hard I try and get it to disconnect. I'm certain if I force it, it'll break!

Good headlight:

Bad headlight:

What are my options?

One bodyshop advised me to stick a bag of silicon gel inside the unit but I can't even get in to try this!! Really driving me crazy!

Last edited:

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Since these lights are originally from Japan, these buggers are always kitted. If you would go to any shop for this headlight to be repaired they will always stick it into an oven to clean all the condense in it to finally be re-kitted. I personally think this has not been kitted well en therefor there's a smal leak in it. So if you do not dare to do it yourself, which i really do get then bring it to your local shop for them to put it in the oven for it to be repaired.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

wutang200

Reaction score
Since these lights are originally from Japan, these buggers are always kitted. If you would go to any shop for this headlight to be repaired they will always stick it into an oven to clean all the condense in it to finally be re-kitted. I personally think this has not been kitted well en therefor there's a smal leak in it. So if you do not dare to do it yourself, which i really do get then bring it to your local shop for them to put it in the oven for it to be repaired.

I've called numerous shops and nobody offers a headlight cleaning service.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Well ****, that wouldn't be any problem here in the Netherlands. Then maybe you should re-consider to do it yourself and put it in the oven. Goodluck mate!