What's new

Heater fan not working?

Reaction score
Country
so randomley other day it stopped on all levels... still illuminates and you can hear it when changing direction etc

bit of research tells me it could be the fan/blower resistor that sits under the glovebox???

is thiscorrect?

if so how and why has this happened?

will a resistor card from an s14 fit and work?

many thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Firstly s14a resistor don't fit the plug just tried it.

Then I unscrewed the plastic cover hoping I could see the resistor and pull it out like an s14 but I was met by this

No easy way for the resistor to just pull out like s13/14

Now see the plug has 3 wires yeh but several pins. S14 has 4 wires going into plug.

A little further up and two of the blue wires have been joined together and then they come out as one thus giving total 2 blue wires and 1 black wire into plug...

Anyone able to shed some light please, really need to sort this! :(

Reaction score
Country
for anyone suffering from this problem also (im sure i saw someone else was) please check your 60amp fuses in engine bay, should be yellow... this was my problem and now fixed and it shorted out because i shaved the loom slightly skidding

Reaction score
Country
........................ Have you checked you fuses :) ............ how many times has a blown fuse cause many a person to hunt all over there car looking for electrical problems.... ive done it heaps and then found a bloody fuse

Reaction score
Country
........................ Have you checked you fuses :) ............ how many times has a blown fuse cause many a person to hunt all over there car looking for electrical problems.... ive done it heaps and then found a bloody fuse
The fuse I'm referring to above your post is not something you'd think to check. It's not even easily identifiable to what it's for. I found out its one of two 60a fuses for interior.

First thing I checked was the fuses in driver footwell which are fine ;)

Anyway problem solved