What's new

Hello From Leeds

Reaction score
Country
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Just joined (first forum), thought i would check in and say hi.

Got a JDM Silvia s15 spec r ordered from JPN, through Torque GT. Thank you S15OC for the recommendation, absolutely amazing company with abnormally high standards, they have made this journey so easy for me and getting a better car than i could have ever anticipated.... so cheers!

It has a aftermarket intercooler. exhaust, HKS ECU, (suspected) turbo, induction kit.

hopefully S15OC will be able to help me out regarding and assistance and Tech details.

E/.G. a technical break down of being able to re install a boost gauge as the OEM one has been removed.... Not sure why they would do it unless taking it for another car! looking at Defi gauge hopefully some one will be able to assit me with this or pass a link from this forum which has already gone through the motions. i am right in presuming it is a 52 MM gauge?!?!?!?!

Cheers ,:)

Jack

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
There's a really good guide in here, and although posts take a while to get approved, I've added a wiring guide to reuse the original plug if you still have it? I threw my gauge (oops) but the senders aren't that reliable after all these years from the sounds of things so defi seems wise. Imagine 52mm is a direct fit or perhaps a touch small, a 60mm is slightly too big but can be made to fit - I took the front part of my pillar mount off and cut the hole to take a 60mm gauge and it looks loads nicer. Trouble is the speedo cluster doesn't look very light next to it, so I bought LEDs and now it's brighter - looks loads better, but still not bright enough to match the defi.

You had a go at fitting your gauge yet?

Reaction score
Country
There's a really good guide in here, and although posts take a while to get approved, I've added a wiring guide to reuse the original plug if you still have it? I threw my gauge (oops) but the senders aren't that reliable after all these years from the sounds of things so defi seems wise. Imagine 52mm is a direct fit or perhaps a touch small, a 60mm is slightly too big but can be made to fit - I took the front part of my pillar mount off and cut the hole to take a 60mm gauge and it looks loads nicer. Trouble is the speedo cluster doesn't look very light next to it, so I bought LEDs and now it's brighter - looks loads better, but still not bright enough to match the defi. You had a go at fitting your gauge yet?
Hi, sorry its been so long, I have been crazy busy, so my car has only just landed in to the country and has been registered through HMRC, waiting on DVLA for number plate. TGT have said that its been redirected through to the boost controller on the steering wheel arch, however all connections are still in the pillar. Hopefully i will be able to re-plug a defi in (60 mm) via a tee junction off the boost pipe. Do you think if i have the tee off from the boost pipe going to the boost controller and the gauge that it would give miss readings due to air pressure going to two separate directions? Possibly a stupid question? I am hoping once the pressure builds it will be ok. any help would be appreciated.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Well, the instructions that come with the defi gauge say not to do that. But I did. Seems fine. :)

Reaction score
Country
Well, the instructions that come with the defi gauge say not to do that. But I did. Seems fine. :)
Thanks sibbers, thank you I will install it and test it. I.e disconnect boost controller and block pipe from there, and then block defI boost pipe. And test it and then both together. If I run the same consistent strip the same way and find the readings consistent we will have an answer. I will keep you updated😊

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Ah nice one, proper test that :) yeah I don't get any spiking and I can't imagine how the pressure reading could be any different (except a potential bit of 'to-ing and fro-ing' which I never saw) so bobs your mothers live in lodger. I suppose we'll find out with your test ;)

Reaction score
Country
Ah nice one, proper test that :) yeah I don't get any spiking and I can't imagine how the pressure reading could be any different (except a potential bit of 'to-ing and fro-ing' which I never saw) so bobs your mothers live in lodger. I suppose we'll find out with your test ;)
I will test the shadiz out of it. I gueas it depends if the pressure can essentially prime it's self or not to two separate outlets. In my mind if the air pressure is reduced from one primary location to two it will always under read what is really happening, and thus give a reading that there is less pressure than what is actually being produced. But my guess is that pressure will build up when the engines running and then will basically prime before you actually start driving. Won't know till I've got it.... Can be a little anal like this hahahaha. Take it easy sibbers . And I'll get back in touch once I have tried it out.