What's new

Hey :D

G

gazza_led

Guest
Ok i already posted on here to introduce myself, but it wasnt a proper one cause i was supposed to be getting was already sold to someone else :confused:

But i just recieved an e-mail confirming that i have just won the auction in Tokyo for nissan silvia '99 Autech version, silver.

Should be arriving in 4-6 weeks in liverpool docks, so i cant wait!!

Can anyone tell me what to check over the car when it arrives, just things i should know about?
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Hold your horses. Don't get the car shipped to the UK yet.

As Nicely said, there isn't any model-report for the Autech version which must exist for you to be able to get it registered in the UK.
You could have one made up, but that would involve huge amounts of money.

What company in Japan did you use?
If you planned to bring the car to the UK and getting it road-legal you'll have to get a brand new model-report made up.

Try and contact your jap-supplier and ask if he can re-auction the car.

There is only a model-report for the Spec-R manual for the moment.
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
Oh my fuckign god your kidding me, they stopped me getting a 2002 model spec R cause it has no report, surely the y shoudl have told em about this!

Guys i havent send the cash yet, only deposit. Where do i stand in this if this thigns g's wrong :(
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
Oh my fuckign god your kidding me, they stopped me getting a 2002 model spec R cause it has no report, surely the y shoudl have told em about this!

Guys i havent send the cash yet, only deposit. Where do i stand in this if this thigns g's wrong :(
Did you use a UK import company or deal directly with japan?
If you used a UK company it's their problem. Just let tehm know that there isn't any model-report (as far as I know) for the Autech and discuss what what will happen.

they should cancel the car and you could start looking for another one.

if you used a japanese company directly, you should contact them and let them know your problem.
if the car hasn't been transported to the docks yet they should be able to sell it in japan and you could look for another one.

however, they might charge you extra for this. But if they were the ones telling you that it could be imported to the UK they should take responsibility and just find you another car.

EDIT:
If you want to know exactly what types of S15s can be imported, try contacting these guys.
http://www.modelreportsdirect.com/

They are the ones holding the S15 Spec-R manual model-report.
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
The company is www.autoadvan.com, the guy insists there a report for this car, you guys 100% sure there isnt one?

I cant believe this, theres noway im sending any cash untill i find out i can even use the car.

Do you think its worth contacting trading standards to find out where i stand?
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
The company is www.autoadvan.com, the guy insists there a report for this car, you guys 100% sure there isnt one?

I cant believe this, theres noway im sending any cash untill i find out i can even use the car.

Do you think its worth contacting trading standards to find out where i stand?
Not 100% no.
If they can prove that it exist then all is fine i suppose.

It's a Uk registered company too which is good.
They are taking the responsibility to get the car registered I understand from their webite. Their fault if it can't be done.
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I just found out that www.modelreports.com holds a model-report for the S15 Spec-S

However, that one might not work with the Autech as there are quite a bit of differences.
try contacting autoadvan and let them know this.

The Autech is different to the Spec-S in terms of brakes, diff, gearbox, engine and some other stuff.
I suspect they might think the Autech is a Spec-S.
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
Ok thank you very much that eases my mind a little, the guy from autoadvan said that the spec s and R as far as he can see come under the same model number i.e GFS15. they said they wont ship untill i pay anyway, but he will check with the company that will be doing the ESVA test (Donnington park) on monday to check wether this is possible.

But i have said that id like the number to their offices to check it out myself, incase he is just fobbing me off and trying to get me cash and run.

This day turned from a great one to possibly the worst of my life very quickly :( kinda puts me off the idea of importing permanatly now
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
Ok thank you very much that eases my mind a little, the guy from autoadvan said that the spec s and R as far as he can see come under the same model number i.e GFS15. they said they wont ship untill i pay anyway, but he will check with the company that will be doing the ESVA test (Donnington park) on monday to check wether this is possible.

But i have said that id like the number to their offices to check it out myself, incase he is just fobbing me off and trying to get me cash and run.

This day turned from a great one to possibly the worst of my life very quickly :( kinda puts me off the idea of importing permanatly now
Cheer up :)
If it can't be imported you shouldn't have to worry as it's the import companys headache.
the car is still in Japan and I dont think their contact there will be to upset if he had to sell the car locally instead of shipping it to the UK.

Tell Autoadvan that there is a model-report for the Spec-R model from a company in Bristol ( www.modelreportsdirect.com )
That might change their mind about you getting a Spec-R.
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
Thanks, really appreciate it mate :)
Although im still brickin it, and prob will be untill monday comes and go's.
It was only the 2002-onwards model he couldnt find a report with, i will tell them though thank you.
Just got off the phone with the guy and he said if the worst comes to the worse he will re-auction the car for me but, he think that if it go's for less than i bid then i may have to pay the difference :(
I'l keep you guys posted
Thank you
 

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Joined
14 November 2005
Messages
3,447
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
37
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
gazza_led said:
Thanks, really appreciate it mate :)
Although im still brickin it, and prob will be untill monday comes and go's.
It was only the 2002-onwards model he couldnt find a report with, i will tell them though thank you.
Just got off the phone with the guy and he said if the worst comes to the worse he will re-auction the car for me but, he think that if it go's for less than i bid then i may have to pay the difference :(
I'l keep you guys posted
Thank you
Why would they do that?
They were the one recommending you to get an Autech. If it can't be registered they should take the fall for it and not you.
You hired them so you wouldn't have to worry abut these kinds of things.

If it sells for more then your bid, will they pay you then? not likely.

If I had a import-company and made I mistake, I would take responsibility for it and the customer should be charged for my mistakes.
That's my personal opinion.

Although they might not have made a mistake by recommending the Autech. We'll see on monday.
Keep us posted. Would be great to know if all the S15 versions could be imported to the UK :)
 

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Joined
26 October 2005
Messages
8,000
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Helsinki, Finland
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Good luck with this. :)

Just to clarify, for the purposes of UK ESVA, there are six main S15 models. ALL of them need separate ESVA reports.

Spec R 6 Speed Manual
Spec R 4 Speed Auto
Spec S 5 Speed Manual
Spec S 4 Speed Auto
Autech 6 Speed Manual
Varietta 5 Speed Manual (convertible)

There are only model reports for the Spec R 6 Speed Manual and, it turns out, the Spec S 5 Speed Manual.

The Autech is essentially a Spec R with a 200bhp high tuned SR20VE engine (non-turbo).
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
True, i never thought about it like that, yes they did reccommend it as i asked for translations of auction sheets and also their opinions on wether the car is in good condition and would easily pass the ESVA, i recieved a phone call the same night and i was told, they were in excellent condition and would with the neccessary mods i.e speedo etc pass the test.
So i guess if it doesnt have a report then he lied to me :(
 
G

gazza_led

Guest
Thanks, guess i can only wait and see now, does anyone know if im within my rights to not pay up then? i mean i havent signed anything, and whats to stop me deleting my e-mail address, and them not being able to contact em agen?
 
Top