What's new

how do you remove dash vents

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,
I'm gonna fit my 60mm boost gauge to my air vent,

my question is how the feck do you remove it, I already have one broken but there is no obvious way to remove it.
cheers
joey

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I used some flat metal strips , could use a thin screwdriver failing that I guess. Boost hose can just run under the dash up behind the stereo and into the back of it I assume. I have defi's so only had to run a thin cable to the back but it went fine so assume boost hose will too

Reaction score
Country
Anyone done this?
Do you have to block off the heater to that pod?if so how?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I kept the black plastic part of the vent in the dash and blocked the back of it with tape. That's with defi gauges which are quite thin :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
i didn't block mine off, just never aim the heaters at my face/dials. I used 2 very small screwdrivers to get mine out (my have been jewelers iirc) then removed the clips before i put them back in. They sit secure now but come out with 1 screwdriver and a bit of jiggling

Reaction score
Country
Sorry for bumping an old thread but are the clips that hold the vents in at the top and bottom or at the sides, pulling my hair out trying to get one out to fit a gauge!

Reaction score
Country
Not happening. Been trying for over 2 hours now and it won't budge. Very irritating.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah mate I remember it being a proper pain in the ass! They stick out almost 1cm so you really have to go at it. A flat piece of metal that bend outwards may be usefull

Reaction score
Country
Yeah massive pain. All I've achieved so far is damaging the dash and breaking the vent. Unreal. I have to bits of metal like thin file / feeler gauge type things

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not good buddy! Should put some insulating or mask tape around the tools to stop it damaging the dash. I used a really thin electrical screwdriver but was a pain to do and defo would use something different if I had to do it again.

Reaction score
Country
The dash is ok but I definitely just destroyed the vent haha... Back half of it is still in there though, nightmare!

Reaction score
Country
Yep, sorted. Left the cylindrical bit in there and the gauge is a tight fit. Just need to figure out where to plumb it into now!

Reaction score
Country
there is a gromet above where the clutch pedal sits, ive routed my boost/vac line for my controller through there