What's new

is it worth it???

Reaction score
Country
hi i was on a site the other day (japan partner) looking at importing an s15 for myself!!

i found one nice and cheap!! ( $2050 ) the fob price is $2579 and an extra $777 to ship to uk.. all prices in USD - grade 3.5

its a standard type s ( non turbo ) and its an auto...
these things dont matter as i want to drop a RB25 lump in and relivant mods to support..

for this type of money is it worth the wait and the hassle?? alot of other importers will charge loads more for this type of car.

what are your thoughts please??

and any advise?

cris

Havoc

Reaction score
Country
Price seems ok, but thats just basic price without registration fees and work to MOT and tax with the DVLA.

Befor looking into that and biting the bullet have a look whats around localy and especuialy in Ireland. Ive seen mint Spec S's for sale in and out of Ireland for between £2000-£3000. Personally I would only import an s15 if it was a Spec R.

Reaction score
Country
yeh i did look at an irish web site kinda like gumtree and there was a nice one that would have been perfect!! but the guy never got back to me..

even getting one from ireland you still have to get a uk mot and get it registered with dvla before you can get tax, i did it over a year ago got a good clean type s for good money..

as im planning on a swapping the engine im not worried about getting a type r as they are generally more expensive!!

just keeping my options open for now :)

Reaction score
Country
Hey buddy,

I believe we met at a showstand we organised at Santa Pod back last March when the weather was terrible lol.

I think I remember you having a Spec S back then too?

But anyway, if your looking for a clean import mate, this is a really good Japanese import site.

http://www.japaneseusedcars.com/auction/auctions4_low_cost_cars.htm

It displays auctions as well as dealer priced cars daily and theres some really clean examples. I came across the site as Im looking to get a decent Skyline R34 GTT as my next car ;)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Ash

Reaction score
Country
hey ash

yeh was at pod!!

you also have a type s, was a good show depsite the weather!! lol

yeh i kinda wish i hadnt sold it to be honest but need must at the time, i will check out that site later today and see what they have.

if i can get one closer to home i will, like my last one..

hope all is goo with you and if you do decide to get shot of yours for a r34 keep me posted ;) lol

Reaction score
Country
18608? That's been for sale for a long time, they will definitely haggle well. I was going to buy that one myself a while back, it looks really tidy and has navi. In the end I bought a manual though which is 90% as clean.
Definitely worth going this route IMO, if you can put in the work then you stand to make a massive saving over a Spec-R. My Spec-S is a late model and has most of the extra bracing on it anyway, and you get a nice 4.08 rear end in it as standard.

Reaction score
Country
18608? That's been for sale for a long time, they will definitely haggle well. I was going to buy that one myself a while back, it looks really tidy and has navi. In the end I bought a manual though which is 90% as clean.
Definitely worth going this route IMO, if you can put in the work then you stand to make a massive saving over a Spec-R. My Spec-S is a late model and has most of the extra bracing on it anyway, and you get a nice 4.08 rear end in it as standard.
Did you use japan partner??! I haven't spoken to anyone that has used them yet!! Would be good to know what to expect?!
Getting a car from Ireland was easy fly there drive to Dublin drink Guinness get on ferry get off at and drive home :) haha job done!!

I have also also been looking a little closer to home, trying to see if anyone in uk has one for sale..

Thank you for your thoughts :)

cris

Lai

Reaction score
Country
Do you want to buy your old 15 back Cris?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Any one ever heard of a site called trade car review its an import site that has ebay style/look about it..
plenty of s15 on there at good prices also shows previous buyers and gets there reviews on there experiences with dealing with the company!!

you contact seller directly through the company negotiate price and then the company ships the car out directly to your port!! type R starting at £3000 :^O

if anyone has any experience dealing with them i would be very interested!!!

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan car/all/all/

cris