What's new

Open Event: Japfest 2012 Progress Thread

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
If I can make it along this year, I'll need to:

- Fit spare gearbox
- Fit de-cat silencer
- Sort out my squeaky front brakes
- Polish the sh!t out of the car, service it and put some petrol in that isn't stale lol

Reaction score
haz's list......

V mount intercooler
Change all pipework to throttle body to 3"
Set up electric fans/controller
Buy and fit Poncams
Get map tweeked to suit
Refirb alloys
Refirb carbon spoiler(if possible)
Sort skirts and respray

Things I want to do but won't!!!
Fit speakers/sort sound install
Send off HPI g-box for cryo-ing
Fit HPI 'box
Just a quick update:

Not doing v-mount now :( as it turns out to be a monumental ball-ache and involves cutting/removing lumps of the front panels plus rad issues:annoyed:,
however i bought HKS step 2 cams instead of the poncams and have been told to leave inlet side pipework to 2.5" so that'll save a load of work:cool:

Reaction score
Country
I like, where did you order yours from? I ordered mine from J performance dispite people telling me they were rubbish :) fitting it isn't the nicest of jobs (cutting holes in your car) looks much better afterwards, fills the big hole nicely behind the bumper :) I will post up some more pics today once I have finished fafing with the battery :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Here's mine hiding in the corner lol just had a massive clearout getting rid of all the crap(including the mrs lol) so its kinda buried will be fitted soon enough though I am sure!!
IMG-20120217-00044.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Now that's funny Chris. You can just see it heh.

Yeah your right Sam, not long to go now.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I like, where did you order yours from? I ordered mine from J performance dispite people telling me they were rubbish :) fitting it isn't the nicest of jobs (cutting holes in your car) looks much better afterwards, fills the big hole nicely behind the bumper :) I will post up some more pics today once I have finished fafing with the battery :)
I went to order direct but autobahn took over a week to reply to my email and can't deal with people like that so I emailed the people in aus that advertised them on ebay and the did me one landed for 300. Hong Kong to Yeovil in 3 days. A couple of pics mate would be epic, and maybe some dimensions on the location of the hole in the battery tray too! :) Interesting you got yours from that j's place when autobahn did reply they said they had no European stockist of the s15 kit?!

Would be doing it this weekend Sam but apparently the 14th Feb was something important, so I'm booked
up this weekend!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Looking good James! But someone has gone and stuck a big white thing on the front of your car!!! ;)
I think you should carbon wrap the bumper, would look proper hardcore track machine then! Infact carbon wrap the whole car! :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Almost there now mate! Looking great!!!!
Little update
I have prepped my ic pipes ready for paint,my boot is stripped ready for filling aand paint,ordered my guns today so should hopefully start getting everything painted up next week!
Hoping if all goes to plan to have my kit and ic fitted in the next fortnight fingers crossed,cutting it a bit fine now lol

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Thanks fellas :D

Sam - yeah carbon wrap is a nice idea and if I had the funds I'd be tempted! However, I've been good in the sense that every spare penny is being spent on something that performs a function or requirement as my budget has already gone from x to y and is heading towards z lol :wack: Only exception is a bodykit, soon to be crafted diffuser and my old GT carbon spoiler which definitely keeps the backend nice and tight on fast corners (as I found in my previous S15) ;)

Adam - yep it really does feel like all the effort over winter as well as last year has been worth it mate!!

Chris - sounds ace!! Bet you can't wait to get started on the painting etc - look forward to seeing your progress dude :thumbs: