What's new

Open Event: Japfest 2012 Progress Thread

Reaction score
Might be worth us all chipping in a bit for a club gazebo?? :)
I'm up for it just for somewhere to stand while we try to get the bbq sorted!!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I've got a gazebo going to bring along, it's not superb but does the job! :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Kerbed my dam alloy today, at the MOT station :mad: car passsed which is good, but that will cost me 50quid to fix! :( got it booked in for Thursday..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah dude !!! Bad times!!!
all mine need refurbing bought them in a state cheap and never got round to sorting them out always something more important

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Looking forward to this so much... I've met a fair few of you but it's always nice to meet new people, everyone seems to be making a really big effort for this :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
i fited my mani and braided lines,had a little water leak so took it off tightened everything up and when i put it back on the oil line banjo bolts wont do up tight? isnt cross threaded the bolts looks mint just for some reason will screw in but not go tight so just leaking everywhere lol
trying to find a fix,maybe some sort of sealant on the thread ,not sure waiting to hear back from a couple of places atm
other than that pretty much on track all my paints turned up today for my car vinnies 15 and his bro fd so should be all done if i have no other problems!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Sounds like the thread inside the turbo water union is knackered, hmm could be a right bitch! Either a helical thread repair or maybe new turbo. Is it part of the turbo?
Sounds annoying either way mate! :(

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
No it's worse it's the thread in the engine block mate!!!
hopefully will find a way to sort it either way another thing to add to the list lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
That sounds like the thread has been stripped if the banjo won't tighten up. A helicoil kit will sort it out, just make sure you don't do what someone did on the sxoc recently, he forced the tap in, cracked the block and broke the tap inside the block water feed too :wack:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tapping Ali is easy because its so soft, you just have to use cutting fluid to lubcicate the tap because the friction causes the Ali to soften and it sticks to the tap, resulting in it breaking.

Just had my mot done, passed no problem :D.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hmm maybe I will have a proper look into it and see if I want to do it then. Put it all back together and started it up and as I thought pissed oil out the bottom of the fitting
Sweet glad you got yours through mot mate!!!