What's new

Knocking Noise

P

Paul D

I've recently bought some apex gen2 coilovers with 6/5 springs. They've been fitted for around a month now and one of the rears has started to knock. I've had them off and looked at them but can't find any faults. I greased them up and fitted them to opposite sides and the noise followed the faulty coilover.

Any ideas what i can check before getting in touch with apex?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Just get in touch with Apex. Lots of people have experienced knocks from the Apex rear coilovers (though I never have).

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I havent, have a knocking at the front when turning the wheel, but Apex sorted me with part to fix that, i just havent fitted them yet :rolleyes:

P

Paul D

I sent my coilover to them after organising it through email. They couldn't fault it but replaced the full damper. They sent it straight back and when i opened i had a free bag of sweets packed in there aswell:D

Fitted it to the car and its spot on.

I must say apex has a top quality service i was well impressed and they kept me updated whilst it was there:thumbs:

Reaction score
On the same note, is it common for fully adjustable kits to have a sort of metallic "tang,tang,tang" noise each time you turn the front wheel about? I dun seem to see any rubber mounts on mine kit...is it damaging?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Its the spring sticking when turning the wheel, the presure builds up and the spring jumps round a notch (tang!), the spring should be able to spin around the damper when the wheel is turned.

Reaction score
so its a bad thing then i suppose? can it wait a few more months ? as im planning to install a new set of coilovers soon.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
You could risk putting to much pressure on teh spring and the worse case is it would snap. I've done about 500miles with mine like that, need to get it sorted though.