What's new

LuPix's Track & Drift Project

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i never had abs in my other cars and i dont really think its needed in the s....but i understand that insurers really dont like it when you remove it, or i personally would.......

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
How come its best to remove abs?

Wont they lock up more easily then?
ABS just allows you to steer controllably under heavy braking - it doesn't necessarily stop you quicker. For novice/normal day to day drivers it's a good thing but if you can drive you don't really need it :)

Reaction score
Im jealous of those brakes mate!

looking mint!

i took the abs out when i fitted the dw wand as it interfiers with it. Piece of piss to remove and cost £1.50 for the t-piece :)

T

Toby

We need a "how to" then, as my brake fluid boil in the ABS unit where its so close to the E manifold!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
We need a "how to" then, as my brake fluid boil in the ABS unit where its so close to the E manifold!
Sounds like you need an ABS unit heat shield then! Watch out over the new year as there may be a groupbuy that interests you somewhat ;)

T

Toby

I have Actually got a 2nd hand heat sheild for it, best £8 ever the different is crazy! - however I would be v intrested in a heat sheild to cover tubular exhuast manifold from the rest of the 'bay!

Reaction score

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers guys!! I actually had a stupid constant rattle when first fitted on the passenger side and the rattle got really loud and worse when I stamped on brakes (any speed). Couldn't figure it out and thought it was anti-rattle clip that goes between pad retaining bolts and the edge of pads themselves... checked with Craig yesterday and turns out it was my new 20mm spacers not bolted tight enough against a 5mm slip on spacers which I had to sandwich to get the wheel on ASAP last weekend. Didn't realise 10mm original H&R spacers I had don't give eough clearnace for the calipers and that's only 300mm brake kit. The SSR's don't leave a lot of room grrr...... :wack:

But it's all sorted and wow does she stop nice!! But I need to get the brake fluid swapped out properly. Looks like my pump the pedal bleed method has not done the trick and the pedal feels slightly spongy especially when hot. Fluid has prob boiled a bit since Nurburgring lol (and I've not changed it since then naughty naughty!!) :)

Dean - I went from stock discs with Ferodo DS2500's to these... deffo need the DS2500's for this kit to get more bite. The K-Sport pads are not the best and do lack bite!

Yeah was gonna say andeep's done a wicked guide for ABS removal but... I'm feeling lazy and just gonna see if installing another switch to kill the ABS fuse will do the trick. Then mount switch on existing CF panel so I can flick it on during drift days and when it's wet/snow I'll put it back on haha. Will still be a daily driver this winter lmao......

JameS15 removed all x3 harnesses going into ABS unit on the DWYB we last went to and he says this also killed the ABS :thumbs:

Reaction score
Yep get change the brake fluid asap! I always change it out before any drift/track days.

The ABS removal shouldn't take too long, it's just getting the right flares on the lines is a pain in the arse. Defo take it out to bleed the brakes properly. Lemme know if you need any advice :thumbs:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
I would have liked to go for braided lines, but it was much cheaper to just use copper.

I've heard bad things about the DB Power ABS removal kit, that the lines are the incorrect length and some of the fittings are incorrect. Best is to get a custom set made up from somewhere like Think Automotive.

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
dan did have problems with the first couple of kits he sold, but dan being dan sorted them asap. if there was ever a problem with any of his stuff then he will sort it no quibbles.

Reaction score
That's good to know. Works out a bit cheaper getting the kit from DB power than having them custom made as well.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Cheers andeep mate :) And Dean that kit does look rather tasty lol :D

Craig and his carbon business 'on the side'... it's not going to be 'on the side' for much longer... will be expanding globally by the looks of it haha :p :thumbs:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
We are global already! :p Off the top of my head we have panels going to the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Cyprus, America and Australia

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
haha my bad forgot about your CF panel travels to all the exotic locations around the globe!

I can't wait to order the ABS heatshield... assuming I still have the ABS unit there next year lol....

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha! The only problem is that it isn't a business, more of a charity as I've invested a lot into it too! :wack:

I've learned from my mistakes though and will make the ABS heat shields before selling them so I know exactly how much they cost to make. :)