What's new

LuPix's Track & Drift Project

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Mascot I got from Gina :D Also fitted DW handbrake button and bought some tennis racquet handle grip and wrapped the handle section of the handbrake so it's nicer to pull on hehe...

Reaction score
With the fire extinguisher system, you can just disconnect the bottle, and when you go on the track just connect it up again.

I need to get me one of those as well. Any idea where you are going to mount the nozzle in the engine bay?

T

Toby

Race cars have the nozzle pointing leval with the throttle body.

My mates stock hatch saxo has 2 jets in the bay, one in the cockpit, they run just a pin like a normal fire extinguiser, so can only be opperated when removed.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah the installs for two nozzle systems are always meant to be one for the cockpit and one for the engine bay. I think I'll have a good look on google searches and stuff to see where's best to point the nozzle in engine bay.

Like Toby says probs makes more sense to be aiming at throttle body side since this is where the injectors are and also the side the fuel filter and main fuel lines are as well!

T

Toby

You May as well do it as per the MSA guide lines, could be a selling point since thats 1 thing off the list for anyone who may want to log book and race the car :)

Reaction score
Makes sense to point them towards the fuel lines!

Are you gonna put in one of those FIA battery cut-off switches? I will be hopefully putting one in soon, so will get a wiring diagram up!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I'll have to check that out Toby :thumbs:

andeep - I was gonna put in an FIA style battery kill switch but... it seems in order to do this properly you need a battery isolator which helps prevent alternator damage which looks like will happen if you just simply fit a heavy duty switch that simply cuts out the battery pos/neg feed to the entire car. The isolator stores charge and gives the alternator live feed a chance to die cleanly (I'm not an electrical sparky expert so excuse the bad explanantion lol) :wack:

Unless you know more about this I'll probs end up just doing what you're gonna do if you install :)

Here's batt isolators sold by Demon Tweeks:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motor...ents/Battery_Isolators_&_Master_Switches/1594

The other thing that put me off about battery isolators is that due to the capacitance feature and storing of charge they will trickle juice from the battery so if you don't drive it within say a week or even a few days the battery will be dead!! :(

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Got the front bumper back Friday so thought I'd mask her up and give the vent meshes a bit of matte black refresh :)

Also building my own custom front GT style splitter ;) Yes it will be cut from wood but I will take it back to Daz @ Innovation at some point to get it coated in fibreglass so this will act as initial template :thumbs: Can't afford CarbonMods DIY kit cos it'll cost me over £250!!!

Did actually order some bits from CarbonMods but only the splitter tie bars (fully adjustable) which will look ace...

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looks good mate! I get the feeling your splitter may become sacrificial! :)

Reaction score
Looking good mate. Make sure you take off the bumper when drifting though :D hehe

With the battery isolator, it's just a simple switch that cuts the battery power and then the ignition power. It doesn't store charge, its just a switch.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah ok mate - I was convinced when I read the details of one of the isolator kits that it mentioned about storing charge and that it drains over time. Are you getting this isolator thingy or just installing heavy duty kill switch on the pos/neg of the battery terminal??

Cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
nice mate :) i wanted a set of these recently as they were going for a bit of a steal, but didnt want to bite off more than i could chew so resisted the temptation lol.

are you going from standard brakes to these?