What's new

Mints s15 ^_^

Reaction score
Country
you could have a look at your turbo to elbow bolts as they generally will work loose and cause a leak and boost problems can occur.

just recently found that my turbo was not spooling up a quick as before and found one nut missing and one loose.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Well after speaking with a few people over in Japan last week iv been told that Wallace were speaking a load of ****e. It isnt running mad problems i dont think and it pulls solid so im not too worried.

While i was in Japan i came back with a whole heap of new toys.

-Nardi Wheel + Boss Kit
-Another Set of Takatas
-Blitz Boost gauge
-Blitz DD Turbo Timer
-Kenwood Double Din Headunit

Few other random bits and bobs. Im fitting the Nardi wheel and turbo timer tomorrow with a mate of mine then i'll snap some pics etc. Something interesting i found tho on removing the OEM Oz A Pillar... the oem vacum hose was there, tie wrapped in half with a ghetto loving screw in the end? ... so needless to say the entire hose was a mess at the firewall so i replaced it with a new hose provided by Blitz.

So see if i can tidy some more hoses etc up tomorrow.
Also ordered me up some nice goodies from Kazama auto when i was with Andy Grey from Power Veich's so that should be here shortly hehe.

Also, just as i got to Omiya to see Andy he had a black RB26 Powered s15 roll on up.. pics to follow ;)

Last edited:

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Isn't that going to require a band expander?

Looks good. Except for the stupid cable ties, of course. Hopefully you'll get some coilovers next so that you can remove the 4x4 mod... :p
Well Torque must of wired it up through the OEM Cables as it was a case of plug and play and it all works grand :)

Yeah im with ya on the 4x4 thingy Nicely and i ALMOST snapped all the cable ties off for you hehe, but then thought... nah :thumbs: haha

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
yeah i think so because my iTrip worked on 88.1 iirc, I'll check when im done work in a few hours, but to be fair its usually iPod or CD.. or now, minidisc? lol its funny how MD is still pretyt popular over in Japan land :p

J

JDM JUNKIE

Can you pickup 88-108MHz on FM radio? Or don't you ever listen to radio?
Nicely the answer is no you can't... JDM radio signal will top out around 92-93 but I guess it doesn't matter if you don't listen to the radio.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why they fit expanders to the Kenwoods when S15s are imported to the UK. It works, but the display frequency bears no resemblance to the actual frequency.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
Well after a recent collision with a deer >.< which resulted in my front angled recess being smashed to pieces i decided to grab a hammer... a screw driver, and do it the old fashioned way :p "BANG" lol i straghtnd out the mess and gave it a nice coat of "MFC™ Green"

Results from hitting the deer at around 60-65mph

I now have fantastic light/bumper (Civic EG Famous) gap..

Got a few toys on way tho, Just got this from ming the other day and got it fitted yesterday morning

still awaiting some bits and pieces from Japan and also trying to get my wheels sorted out from Slammedmind on here, then its suspension and kit time.

Last edited:
J

JDM JUNKIE

I was expecting a lot more damage... your lucky it wasn't worse. But it still sucks that it happened.

mint

Reaction score
Website
www.JDMtas.com
I was expecting a lot more damage... your lucky it wasn't worse. But it still sucks that it happened.
absolutly, Yeah the deer went under instead of over so i was lucky to say the least, Poor deer didnt come out so well tho :( Felt like a tool afterwards but not much i could have done to be honest.

No problem tho as most damage was on the bit that will be getting changed over when i can afford it. :thumbs: