What's new

MOT time

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Took my baby for its 2nd MOT since i've owned it today,
went to work in it first and got the techy from next door to put my cat back on :wack:
Then after work dinnertime i took it for MOT, it passed :notworthy:
now i have to get cat back off :D

Was a little worried as the MOT guy drove it onto the brake rollers,it just about cleared,as it dipped down ;)
Also my other half had to go lift car up so the MOT guy could push the bar under the exhaust :rotfl:

kimi x

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Nice one Kimi :thumbs:

Glad to hear it passed ok. Does everyone who have a decat run the chance of instant emissions failure when it comes to the MOT?

I take it the S15 only has one cat since no-one ever seems to mention removing a cat nearer the front section/downpipe?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Mine sailed through last month :D Waiting for the emissions testing to finish has got to be one of the most stressful things possible :( Its not an MoT failure not to have a cat. Its a failure not to pass emissions testing. It won't pass without one...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Sorry to sound pedantic but why is there the need to worry if the cat is put back onto the car?

Unless the cat is broken - wouldn't you expect the car to pass everytime without any problems?

:)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh the same for mine i dont like the thought of leaving it with anyone aswell..:no:

i got mine in augs hopefully it will be remaped by then aswell:)

B

Bry

I have two very good friends that own garages that are MOT centers so cat testing is not a worry for me :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It would be if they got spot-checked by VOSA immediately after testing your car... VOSA carry-out an immediate re-test and if the result is different, the testing station gets fined. BIG time fined. One of the SXOC mods (an MoT tester) just had a spot check and passed luckily...

B

Bry

It would be if they got spot-checked by VOSA immediately after testing your car... VOSA carry-out an immediate re-test and if the result is different, the testing station gets fined. BIG time fined. One of the SXOC mods (an MoT tester) just had a spot check and passed luckily...

Been fine for the last 6 years and boy do you worry about stuff :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Had been the fine for Chris for the past 15+ years too :p Its a lot less easy to 'brush over' stuff with the new electronic MoTs. Apparently, the VOSA guys can monitor the progress of an MoT, as it happens, from their car parked round the corner....

Only saying. If they want to run the risk... :nod: :)

B

Bry

Had been the fine for Chris for the past 15+ years too :p Its a lot less easy to 'brush over' stuff with the new electronic MoTs. Apparently, the VOSA guys can monitor the progress of an MoT, as it happens, from their car parked round the corner....

Only saying. If they want to run the risk... :nod: :)

I'm sure if they felt it was too risky they'd let me know,but thanks for the warning anyway :D

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No worries :D Perhaps you should mention how easily they can monitor tests... :p Its not you that cops it if they're caught...

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Got mine in August, failed last time round on Emissions, took its for a blast to heat up the cat (had been sitting in the garage for a while), passed no problem :thumbs:

Reaction score
can they really do that??? crikey!! i no someone who speciales in rx-7's, (thats as much info im gonna give though judt in case) that does lots of back-hander MOT's use to do my old integra, i wonder if he knows that? brave man if he does!!

how sly is that though!!!

J

Jono

Mine sailed through yesterday - all they had to do was paint the foglight bulb red :thumbs: