What's new

New Nissan GT-R

Reaction score
If they're sold as new Nissan says its an infringement of their trademark rights. However once its second hand that becomes much harder to justify.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
For anyone thats interested in the UK 5th Gear is reviewing the GT-R tonight on Channel 5 at 8pm.

You will also be able to download the torrent for the episode within a few days from...

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/fifthgear/
Watched the segment on the GT-R. It was a pretty dissapointing report. I thought they could have given much more of an insite into the car and also how it was on the road. I realise that this particular GT_R is privately owned, but they could have at least shown the engine bay.

S

sillbeers15

There is no way Nissan can stop grey exports so long as the GTR is sold in Japan.

It only takes the additional process of registering it in Japan after buying from Japanese domestic dealers and dereg them for export...and a little additional cost.

Btw, the grey importers do not buy cars from Japanese makers at a discount rate like the appointed agents in various countries do. They just buy like any other Japanese would from domestic dealers due to low volume of purchase. These days they do not even have to do it themselves in Japan as there are many Japanese middleman carrying out these domestic buying and exports. Your local grey market importers only have to place orders with them after collecting your individual deposits while you happily wait for your JDM rides to arrive.

I'm very happy that Nissan has done a great job on making the R35 such a great car, but I also think that there is too much hype on it while every media tries to sensationalise it. No matter how good it is, it still weights no less than 1700kg (additional side airbags make it 1900kg), the vehicle dynamics cannot be better than a good light car! Else Lotus would have been out of business long time ago.

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Confirmed UK dealers and prices :)

Morning everyone!!
Here is the confirmed pricing for the UK GTR -
Base GTR - ?52900
Premium Edition- ?54200
Black Edition - ?55500
HDD based GPS Nissan Navigation system with 30 GB Hard Drive and voice recognition and Bluetooth Hands Free Phone system ?1900 option (September 2009 delivery onwards)
Confirmed High Performance Centres
Cambridge - Marshall Nissan
London - WLN Mill Hill
Tunbridge Wells - Motorline Tunbridge Wells
Bournemouth - Westover Bournemouth
Oxford - Sims of Oxford
Exeter - JFE Exeter
Belfast - Hursts of Belfast
St. Helens - Middlehurst
Newcastle - Benfield Newcastle
Edinburgh - Noble Edinburgh
All the UK launch specs and prices can be found at Nissan GT-R - Official Global Site
Enjoy!!!!

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/92877-uk-pricing-confirmed-dealer-network.html

prices for other contries.
Todays Nissan launch all the european officials prices :

Country Version de base Premium Edition Black Edition
Allemagne 74 990? 76 690? 78 390?
France 75 500? 77 200? 78 900?
Italie 75 355? 77 055? 78 755?
Espagne 79 900? 81 600? 83 300?
Autriche 94 500? 96 500? 98 500?
Pays-Bas 119 900? 121 900? 123 900?
Portugal 119 990? 121 690? 123 390?
Finlande 144 900? 146 600? 148 300?

Official launch : MARCH 2009
High Perfs Centers : ? (probably 3 in France)
Pre-order accepted : 02 april 2008 for 5000? (to substrac to final price)
Pre-order via web site gtrnissan : 04 april 2008
Avaibility : France = 1000 GTR

Those UK prices are very reasonable, well done Nissan GB :)

S

sillbeers15

There are a ew units of black and grey R35s in Singapore now.....so don speculate which is the wreck GTR.....as it might just upset the wrong owner.

Just a thought, 380mm disc with 6 pot brembo cannot stop 2 GTRs that had front end collusion?........must be the 1.8ton weight or just blind drivers!:rotfl:

G

gunner93

If the R34 is viewed alone it looks good.
However with the R34 next to the R35 makes the R34 look aged. LOL. Its still an awesome ride nevertheless.

G

gunner93

Looks to me the V6 block may be buggered. Many will start to wonder what can be plucked out there for the S15.... AFM, turbo, brakes, pump... etc. :rotfl:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I hope to gain access to one of these babies in March 2009 :)
I'll find out later today or tomorrow.