What's new

Ohlins Coilovers

Reaction score
Country
Recently took the car for its MOT resulting in a failure due to movement in the nearside suspension strut. Removed this to find a pretty bodged top mount and bearing. When the car was first imported it failed an MOT due to the top mount bearing on the nearside being knackered; this was resolved by buying any old bearing and welding it into the holder in the top mount.. This must have stopped whatever movement was present resulting in the MOT center being happy to pass it.

This has now been picked up again and is the first i have seen this bodge job so obviously i'm going to get it sorted. I've been in touch with Co-ord sport who supply Ohlins parts and a new pair of top mounts is a pretty hefty £386.. My question is, can you fit aftermarket top mounts to different coilovers, e.g. a pair of cusco solid top mounts to the Ohlins coilover?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
Yeah Jame, i had a set of E12 Ennepetal coilovers with Cusco top mounts, and i have seen miss-matched coilover/top mount setups on other cars too. Cusco would probably be able to confirm yes or no, though. Try emailing them?
+ Dealt with Co-ord Sport before, good guys :thumbs: but expensive.

Reaction score
Country
Ah that's a relief! Yes Co-ord sport have been extremely helpful but as you say, they seem fairly pricey!

Hopefully save a few pennies then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Tried to get hold of one of the Cusco distributors with little luck.. I don't suppose anyone is a fountain of knowledge on here and would know if the Cusco top mounts would work with the Ohlin coilovers?

Failing getting the info I need, I may just order them and send them back if they're no good!

immy21

Reaction score
Country
Tried to get hold of one of the Cusco distributors with little luck.. I don't suppose anyone is a fountain of knowledge on here and would know if the Cusco top mounts would work with the Ohlin coilovers?

Failing getting the info I need, I may just order them and send them back if they're no good!
Don't know, but my Cusco topmounts (front) are currently fitted to Tein, did slot onto my AST's and pritty sure mine are meant for stock shocks. Do a bit of digging and measuring and should able to find your answer.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for that info immy! I'll get the strut off again when I can and measure the threaded portion and see if I can get somewhere!