What's new

Oil filter!

D

david

Just have my sandwich plate fitted but my old oil filter didnt come off too handy so putting new one but the problem is that its saturday evening and everywhere closed till tuesday as its a bank holiday monday.
Normally use genuine nissan parts but cant get one till tues but have an aftermarket one in a friend house. Normally on any other car aftermarket would do but not on my baby.
Anyway my question is does anyone here use aftermarket or do ye even think there is much differance?

Reaction score
I use the sard magnetic filters, for the first oil change i used a halfords one cause i was stuck. Generally id stick with the genuine stuff or uprated aftermarket. Im a firm believer in getting what you pay for.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
there is a chance that a stock filter won't fit the sandwhich plate so I would go with what the sandwhich plate manufacturer recommends.

I'm running a Rover filter on my S15 nowadays.
I managed to send a stock filter flying with a Greddy relocation kit spraying my whole engine bay with oil :( Luckily the car was at a standstill and my Greddy oil-pressure gauge alarmed me in time.
Greddy recommend an AE86 filter.

D

david

the nissan filter fits fine because i got the sandwich plate for nissan so tryed the after market filter before i fitted the plate.ill just use the aftermarket one this time cause im stuck!
Its a union japan filter.

How did ur oil filter fly off was the treads wrong or loose:confused:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
the nissan filter fits fine because i got the sandwich plate for nissan so tryed the after market filter before i fitted the plate.ill just use the aftermarket one this time cause im stuck!
Its a union japan filter.

How did ur oil filter fly off was the treads wrong or loose:confused:
it was a mahle filter, so not Nissan OEM. i used the same brand before without the relocation kit though. Might have been a faulty unit.
the threads didn't fit very good so when i revved the car abit when cold it just said pop and I had to spend a couple of hours cleaning the engine bay. Luckily the car was standing still inside the garage. If I sould have been out driving, I would probobly have a S14 engine in my S15 by now :wack: