What's new

Potential to acquire an S14A to break. Worth it?

Reaction score
Country
Howdy.

I've got the potential right now to get a STOCK 14A for dirt cheap. and i mean dirt cheap. how much do you reckon i'd get for parts if I were to break EVERYTHING.

I'd be looking to keep the gearbox assuming its manual, but aside from that, it'd all be up for grabs, first dibs to you guys.

cheers

Reaction score
TBH if its stock I think you will struggle to sell stock parts for vitually not much more then postage. Most people are only interested in after market parts and they tend to low ball you on those. I think you will have a car sitting around with a few bits missing that will be more of a burden then an asset.

Iv'e got stock bits and I can't give them away, they'll be going to the tip.

Reaction score
If you can get it cheap why not make a track car out of it, I have toyed with the idea of buying a really cheap SR and taking it off the road and making it into a full track car. Wife doesn't like the idea....

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
If its under £500 quid then it could be worth it, hubs are worth £150-200, brakes 50-80, engine 500 aslong as its a goodun with history. Body panels with no rust are worth alittle bit, then weigh the shell in for 100-150.

How much is it jase and is it a goodish one. I fancy a track project! :)

Reaction score
Country
Complete front end, bonnet/wings/bumper/Lights is worth about £400
Engine - £400-600
Turbo - £100-150
hubs £150
etc etc

If it's cheap enough it's worth it but then if it's a good car and cheap enough sell it on as a whole for profit.

Reaction score
Country
If you can get it cheap why not make a track car out of it, I have toyed with the idea of buying a really cheap SR and taking it off the road and making it into a full track car. Wife doesn't like the idea....
crack up same here, i get told "there will be NO cars sitting around on the section" told her i want a drift pig sitting there so i can legally thrash one

Reaction score
Country
I havent got space to accommodate another car unfortunately, i had temporary storage if i was breaking it, but nothing for keeps :( so as much as i'd love a play car, i dont have space for one. and i'm saving for a new house, so that would go right out the window haha.

sam - its sold now for £1k, someone got themselves a bargain!