What's new

Project "Lolita"

Reaction score
Country
Latest update! Got my Gizzmo EBC fitted and (pretty much) working! :) Now just gotta tinker with it to get it boosting to a moderate .7 until i get me walbro delivered & fitted! :)

Reaction score
Country
Not had much luck with this have you! Nice to see it's taking shape again though
not really mate! thanks though!!

didnt realise CMR had an account on here! any of you guys got an S15? :)

Updates soon. Will have a few choice goodies installed by then :)

CMR

Reaction score
Country
not really mate! thanks though!!

didnt realise CMR had an account on here! any of you guys got an S15? :)

Updates soon. Will have a few choice goodies installed by then :)
CMR is just my initials mate, probably not who your thinking of.

Reaction score
Country
Ok, so as many of you will have read, i recently flooded my car out in a very deep puddle.. So now this is going to be my update on how the whole 'water removal' process goes on haha.. first up, i dried off the AFM and filter, and the car started, seemed to be fine, then started to misfire.. so.. i removed the intercooler and found this..

a splash of water came out the end...

So i decided to continue my persuit up towards the intake manifold..

and found more water..

And the water continued all the way up into the plenum (which although wasnt swimming, it was very grimy) and then onto the inlet manifold.. which has an actual puddle in the rearmost 'cylinder feed pipe'... all of these things.. are obviously not cool. apparently i'm very lucky my car is even running haha. So, i'm gonna continue the pursuit of water until i find dry bits. and then i've got a mate who can run a compression test for me just in case anything has gone a miss inside the engine itself..

*sigh*

I've got the plenum currently soaking in a bucket as i cant seem to work out a way of cleaning inside it as my hands are too big to fit in the end :(

Reaction score
Country
Well... as the story goes, i've stripped as much off as i can and finally found dryness! :D
Heres a few pics of how i've spent the last 2 days!

The puddle i found on the inlet manifold turned out to be oil. not sure where that came from, but either way, oil is better than water! haha. and all inlet parts have now been cleaned and are drying out :)

Valves look alright and feel dry to me, but again i'm no expert lol...

And one final picture for the day... how does the actuator arm connector and actual wastegate look? i know its only a photo from a dodgy angle, but hey. might mean something to someone :)

Trying to find my boost problem!

:)

Reaction score
Country
Well, its all back together again, and seems to be running smooth :D Only now its losing MORE boost pressure. And i mean we're peaking at 0.48 now. LOL

Need to get that looked at. I'm gonna re grease my BOV just in case its leaking there, and get a new actuator on the shopping list!

Reaction score
Country
Some new goodies arrived in the post today.. Hopefully this will fix my slowly dropping boost issue :)
Will get it fitted this weekend :D

Which way do i need to adjust the rod for more boost? does it need to be shorter or longer? cant seem to get my head around it haha :)

S

S15 SILVIA

Think you need to shorten the arm for more boost.
Try it at factory length to start with, and adjust from there.
Will have a tougher spring than a worn standard one remember!

Reaction score
Country
All slotted together and works a treat!!! all boost issues solved!! :D now running sweet at 0.8 bar just off the actuator. just need a new elbow, full exhaust and remap and i'l crank her up some more :)

Reaction score
Country
So, seeing as the bodywork of my car is nothing to show off at the moment. Heres a photo of the ever green-going engine bay. :)
Got a few more green hoses swapped over, relocated the oil catch can behind the headlight, and the EBC Solenoid to the bolt by the air filter :)

only a few more blue bits to swap over, and we're all green! :D

oh and i've had a k&n filter on off my old 3 series for a while now :)
its better for the long haul use i do instead of the 'race oriented' HKS mushroom i had on before :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
cheers peg! :)

You need to paint the strut brace green too :D
i know... its on my long to do list haha. them damn silicone hoses are expensive for what they are, and i hate paying for cosmetic things haha.
but yes. strut brace will be done.. eventually. maybe next week now you're pointed it out :D