What's new

Ray's s15 specs

Reaction score
Country
Thats very thru... i should not be maxing out, but that is if i was running normal petrol...
but im not im running E85 (Bio Etanol) which is 104 octane :D.

problem with E85 is it uses up to 1/3 more fuel then normal petrol so flow thru my injectors are maxing out. thats why I have to use 850cc so wont max out. as for the AFM think its just a leak in my FMIC thats causing it to near max out.

Reaction score
Country
Fresh New Readings of the dyno.
was in a RR'day today, was on the Dyno Pack Hub Dynos. down in TDP.

got some nice fiqures.

381.9hp @ Hub
429.7hp @ Fly
409.3lbft @ fly

running 1.2bar boost
but it was creeping near 1.4 bar at redline. AFR was safe as it was map for it.

Well happy with the result. first dyno reading since the 850cc injectors went in and remapped.

also check out the video clip.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB857epNXco

Last edited:

Jay

Reaction score
just read the entire thread... wow! this is a stunning car, the missus was looking over my shoulder and her response? "dont even think about it, buster!" the thing is... how the hell do you control the power? i just bought my '15 and im probs only running 270-280 at the fly, but it wants to chuck itself into every hedge and garden on every bend! ok i know that i got crappy tyres atm but even so.... (i got tein coilies on too)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ah man - why is e85 like gods piss to get hold of round my way :( another great result matey - well done ;)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Always good to see updates on your stunner Ray...

Those power and boost curves look very smooth - excellent mapping and I also use Dynapack hub dynos @ WGT in Middlewich :)

Reaction score
Country
thanks guys for the comments.

just read the entire thread... wow! this is a stunning car, the missus was looking over my shoulder and her response? "dont even think about it, buster!" the thing is... how the hell do you control the power? i just bought my '15 and im probs only running 270-280 at the fly, but it wants to chuck itself into every hedge and garden on every bend! ok i know that i got crappy tyres atm but even so.... (i got tein coilies on too)
The secrect is proper alignment setup and a very light foot around corners:thumbs:

G

Glen

Hey man , just saw your 750cc injectors were running out at that power ? thats pretty strange, they should be good till 280kw - 300kw atw depending on fuel pressure? My Tomei 740cc injectors are barely hitting 35% duty cycle at 10psi and thats only putting out 180kw/244hp atw, and on 14psi it makes 208kw/282hp atw on 95 ron and with a T28bb turbo, and the tuning is on a daughter board lol. Do you guys have Link G4 Storms over there? But anyway great work on your S15.

Reaction score
Country
As Sniffy Says..
She's not running on petrol..

It's on Ethanol (AKA E85)
Ethanol Burns with a different Air/Fuel Ratio... Alot more fuel...

Advantages of running E85 is i can advance my inigition timing and get more power out of it. cause its rated at a much higher octane, 104 if i remember correctly.

another plus is the fuel is alot cheaper the pertol. currently 97.9cent /litre

Reaction score
Country
havent been doing a whole lot on the car but here is next plan...
4.1:1 final drive

2 way diff (ATS Metal)

Just have to order some new bearing oil seals and some fresh diff oil...

Reaction score
Country
just did the maths it actually a 4.08:1 final drift much better then the 3.6:1 standard s15 ratios.... more torque and acceleration here i come..

Reaction score
Country
very hard to say... im getting prices for rebuilt so see how long it takes to get the parts in, was orginally stiv getting the stuff for me but hes finding it hard to source the parts.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome!!! Lemme know how it feels once it's on mate and I'll be looking at the same upgrade with similar ratio woo!!! :D

How does 2 way diffs handle out on track... I know people love them for drifting but what about grip racing like trackdays etc??