What's new

recirc or not?

Reaction score
I would recommend not doing this.

Our cars run an airflow sensor, so if you dump to atmosphere you are venting metered air. The ECU will overfuel because it thinks that the dumped air is going into the engine.

You can get away with dumping to air if your car runs a MAP (manifold air pressure) as this does not meter the air it just uses pressure to gauge the amount of fuelling.

It's ok though, you just use more fuel.

Also, by recircing you are keeping the turbine blades spinning between gearchanges. If you remove the bov then the turbine stalls between changes creating more lag.

Just my 2p worth :):)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Much the same as running a BOV to atmosphere...

The best solution is to recirc a BOV. But you don't get the :ghey: Ptusssh or the :cool: pigeon...

Reaction score
well i removed the recirc valve today, took the car for a test on the private track and all seems fine. I do plan on a recirc bov in the next few weeks though ive never run a turbo without one

Reaction score
Country
where can you get a hose that 1/2 inch Dia. and long enough to recirc. the HKS SuperSQV as i've the adapter for it but no hose.

Reaction score
ray you should be able to get it from any motor factors, if you need any give me a shout with what you need and i can pick it up for you

Reaction score
Country
have tried motor factors but 1 inch is not a standard size they keep hold stock off. you you can get hold of some will be great.

E

evade

ive blocked my bov..i didnt actually remove it though

much easier way is to just buy one of those round door stops for your hardware store..it has a plastic base and a rubber slip over on it..also buy a 25mm threaded plug..

you take the the rubber slip over off..close off the bov inlet with it using a ring clamp

plug the pipe side with the plug, done

takes about 2 minutes to do, about the same to reconnect.

if you've taken the restrictor out of the stock boost solenoid, and also block the bov..chances are you will spike to 1.1-1.2 bar with an exhaust..

Reaction score
I've just ordered some hose from demontweeks. Got some nice samco 25mm hose with wire reinforcement which makes it much more flexible. Not cheap though.

E

evade

Which is not a good thing without all the accompanying mods and a decent mapping... :no:
indeed..not recommended for people who have done the fbu..

unless they dont mind testing the limits as to how long it will last..lol

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
indeed..not recommended for people who have done the fbu..

unless they dont mind testing the limits as to how long it will last..lol
:D :p

I've just ordered some hose from demontweeks. Got some nice samco 25mm hose with wire reinforcement which makes it much more flexible. Not cheap though.
RS Components

5 metres for about ?29 delivered :) And it looks better than a Samco running across your engine bay :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Having run the stock recirc, a blitz atmos bov and now an HKS re-circ, the winner is......

Re-circ everytime, no jurking that your get with an atmos bov, less banging and popping and some pigeon too :thumbs: