What's new

S15 Spec-R Diff Cover Gasket

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Good choice on the nismo unit! what model of diff did you buy? I've had a nismo 2 way out of a nissan R32 gtr (standar fit in non vspec GTR's) in mine for 2 years. Really good road and track diff!
If we are talkig about the back plate then There is no gasket! Use a good quality sealant like Three bond.

Reaction score
Country
Correct Sam :down: My mistake, it is in-fact Sealant instead of a Gasket. I used Hondabond (was impressed when i used it on my Previous H Badge Cars and was impressed) and i used it when fitting my Tomei Sump a while back, that should do the Job.

As for which model, i am unsure Sam- here are some pictures, can you identify which model it is?

It has only covered approx 3,000km since new so still is nice and fresh! look forward to fitting.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That looks like a nismo Gt pro. Apparently one of the best diffs. Got any better pics of the ramp angles? You can tell how hard the diff with lock by the ramp angles. Can't quite make then out on those pics.

Reaction score
Country
If you want to know the ratio of your ring and pinion it will be a number on the ring that counts how many teeth are on the ring like 48 or something and how many teeth are on the pinion like 10 or 11 or 15 something anyway. Take the large first number like 48 and divide by the other number like 11 and your diff is a 4.3 ratio diff, or what ever it says on the ring gear.

The ring gear has nothing to do with the type of LSD it is you will have to identify that by other markings on the head itself if they are even there.

R200 Diff Gasket is PN 38320-40F02 for all nissans that run them skyline/silvia/Z chassis
But you are wasting your time as any gasket goo that oil resistant will work perfectly fine for years and years

Reaction score
Country
Both diffs I've used have a gasket, had a nismo 2-way in S15 casing, and the R33 diff that I'm using now which is the same casing (I remember comparing them) had red gaskets.

Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Yes the sealant, which is the same stuff as they use on the timing cover, is the way to go. If you surfaces aren't perfectly matched the gasket cement will give you a better seal. Yes its the GT Pro 2 way...the Nismo diff has a different casing...